cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Date.

pdevine
Dabbler

Connection Date.

Hi guys, just have a query regarding my switch on date.
I placed an order which included both broadband and a new line. The connection date given in the order tracker part is given as the 9th March, however, I was wondering if this was down to yourselves choosing a date close to when my line would generally be activated at the exchange, then switching me on based on that, or if it is you who need the time to get everything sorted. The reason for my asking is that when I plugged in my router yesterday morning, it is showing that the DSL is already connected and as far as I thought, the only time consuming part to stting up a broadband order was the exchange part of the process.
Essentially, I am asking if it can be sped up at all, given that I have the DSL connection ahead of schedule, or am I going to have to stew until tuesday? Smiley
Thanks in advance!
7 REPLIES 7
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Connection Date.

If your router syncs with the exchange that suggests BT Wholesale have connected your line to the broadband DSLAM, however the admin stuff of adding routing information through to Plusnet may still need doing. That shouldn't take more than a couple of days. Why not give the CSC a ring to check whether they can get you online now?
David
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

The act of attempting to connect usually kicks the Plusnet systems in to action to activate the account so trying again a bit later you may find it is working.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
We haven't got any connection attempts recorded for you so far, so looks like there's still some work to be done before you can get connected.
pdevine
Dabbler

Cheers for the replies.
Mand - I hadn't attempted to connect yet as I didn't have an internet light - thought it'd be pointless. There should be a few attempts there now. (I'm assuming that you're talking about the page which opens in the browser when the router is connected, btw? Its giving me 'Authentication failed')
Mand
Grafter

I still can't see any attempts, authentication failed is what you'd get if your account with us isn't active, or if the order hasn't been fully completed. I'll do some digging and see what I can find.
pdevine
Dabbler

Quote from: Mand
I still can't see any attempts, authentication failed is what you'd get if your account with us isn't active, or if the order hasn't been fully completed. I'll do some digging and see what I can find.

Cheers
Hope its a good shovel! Routing my GPRS through bluetooth is killing me - its like 1998 all over again! Grin
pdevine
Dabbler

Got it sorted - cheers anyway.