cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to Sky+ for anytime viewing

Willeynotwiley

Connecting to Sky+ for anytime viewing

hi all...I am hoping someone can help me. I recently switched to Plusnet and now my sky anytime does not seem to be working. Having checked the Sky website they advise going to  the ADSL settings of my router and changing the multiplexing method to LLC-METHOD...I have no idea how to do this...help?!?!?!?!
9 REPLIES 9
markm9
Grafter

Re: Connecting to Sky+ for anytime viewing

Hi Wiley, if you are connected via ethernet straight into back of sky box, this should work fine, have you tried re-boot of your router, if that doesnt work i find that if i go to where anytime is on sky menu, and then reset settings using red button usually works.
If not try this link
http://help.sky.com/tv/using-on-demand/fix-problems-with-on-demand
Willeynotwiley

Thanks Mark, tried all that and still no joy Sad i have on demand in the list format but not the full format I had before with pictures and catchup...
markm9
Grafter

Hi Wiley,
Are you connected into sky box wireless, or ethernet, also have you reset network option on your sky tv menu, if you goto services-settings-Network, then arrow down till you see reset, and try that, im unsure if my previous advice was clear!!
Willeynotwiley

Hi Mark...connected by ethernet cable (simply took the cab,e out of my old router and plugged it into the new one!)
I dont have a reset option but in the Network page it tells me the connection to the broadband router is ok but the connection to on demand is FAIL  (my enable download on demand downloads is ON)
pj2014
Grafter

Hi,
I recently had a similar problem with sky+ anytime (on demand) when I changed routers....
Out of interest which router did you have it working on before.....and which router are you using now?
The solution which worked for me (twice now) as I have changed routers a few times was simply.... you wont believe this...(as I hate it when anyone tells me to do it!) switch off (power off @ the mains) the sky box and router. Then router on first, 5 mins, then sky box on (it takes 5-7 minutes-ish to initialise)
That's done it for me.  If you don't want to turn router off/on as you may have done a few times already (dlm, lowering of speed etc) just power off/on the sky box.
Hope it works for you too.
PJ
not sure maybe it could have been an ip address issue?
acr
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Willeynotwiley
I dont have a reset option but in the Network page it tells me the connection to the broadband router is ok but the connection to on demand is FAIL  (my enable download on demand downloads is ON)

The reset option does not appear when the cursor is on the Network tab. From this position you then have to press the 'down' key (i.e. the button under Select) before the option appears.
This worked for me when I had the same error message.
jafreer
Aspiring Pro

I had a similar problem when using a Netgear DGN1000 Router. The only way the Sky box connection would work is if the multiplexing method was changed to LLC.
I now use the Plusnet supplied Technicolor router (TG582n) and when I first plugged in the Sky box to it, it would not make the connection (connection to router ok, on demand connection fail).
I tried resetting the network settings but it didn't work.
What did work was powering down the sky box completely (hold the on/off button on the remote until the red light comes on - it takes several seconds of holding the button).
Wait a minute or so and power it up again. Worked for me. (Unplugging the box from the main and plugging it in again will likely have the same effect, I just found it easier to use the remote).
Hope you get it sorted.
offbeatdave
Grafter

I had a similar but intermittent loss of On Demand connectivity with my Linksys x3000 via an old Netgear switch. Powering Sky box off and on restored connection. I'm now plugged straight into the router and it hasn't dropped since.
Willeynotwiley

You guys are awesome!! Cheesy
Mark and acr...found the reset button, was looking for an option not the red button (despite Mark clearly saying red button - obviously too early in the morning for me!)

PJ and jafreer...why didn't I think of resetting the sky box?!?!? (That's normally the first thing I try!)
Needless to say, having turned off the router (again) and the sky box, we are back to full On demand services...yay Grin
Thanks again for everyone's help and advice...hopefully won't have any more issues, but if I do i know where to come for help.,,