Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Congratulations on the new award

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Congratulations on the new award

http://www.top10-broadband.co.uk/awards/2008/small_isp
However looking at it I was struck by one thing - I thought PlusNet had scrapped all the unlimited packages
7 REPLIES 7
James
Grafter

Re: Congratulations on the new award

Hi Jim,
Three of our five Business Products (Teleworker Premier, Small Business Premier and Business Premier) don't carry any set usage allowances.
zubel
Community Veteran

But they are policed with a FUP.
In practice, having a Business Premier account for the office here, I've never been formally or informally contacted by Plusnet regarding the usage on the account, which at times has easily topped 100GB in a month.  I am aware of customers who have been contacted for using fairly excessive amounts though.
Also certain products such as Binary usenet and P2P are legitimately rate-limited on the business products so they're not necessarily a way to wriggle out of the Residential limits.
Still eagerly anticipating a business product refresh soon though Smiley
B.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Having looked at the details - there is no mention of a FUP - is this correct
Off Topic - looking at some of the awards I question the methodology.
For example - Fastest broadband O2 but Be have got to be faster as they don't offer up to 8Mb and only supply where they have LLU unlike O2
EDIT
Also certain products such as Binary usenet and P2P are legitimately rate-limited on the business products so they're not necessarily a way to wriggle out of the Residential limits.
That isn't what the details say
Network Traffic Management
Business customers get the highest priority service on our network at all times.
But if usenet and P2P are rate limited then PAYG and BBYW Pro have higher priority I assume
Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

I notice it mentions free line rental (apart from Broadband essential) but that isn't the case as you have to have a BT line and either pay PN or BT or someone else for it.
Plusnet user since November 2003
Full Fibre since September 2023
Mac OS14 and Firefox user with latest versions of both
pierre_pierre
Grafter

not if you take up home phone, no rental, just the calls
Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

Yes, but the price quoted is for broadband only and it doesn't tell you it only includes line rental if you take the phone package on top, which, of course, costs from £9.99 on top of the broadband price.
Plusnet user since November 2003
Full Fibre since September 2023
Mac OS14 and Firefox user with latest versions of both
ddunford
Grafter

Just out of interest, what would business customers use p2p/Usenet for in large amounts of download?