cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring IPsec on a Draytek Vigor 2600(x)

oliverb
Grafter

Configuring IPsec on a Draytek Vigor 2600(x)

Anyone familiar with these?
I'm already using a couple of Billion routers to set up an IPsec LAN to LAN bridge. I'd like to know if I can use the Draytek at another location?
So I'm trying to use it in place of my Billion router and I've tried applying most of the IPsec configuration but I can't ping and can't get any usefull diagnostics.
The Draytek's secondhand, I haven't got the manual.
2 REPLIES 2
prichardson
Grafter

Re: Configuring IPsec on a Draytek Vigor 2600(x)

Have you had a look at the Draytek support site?
I never had the second site needed to perform a propper site to site setup, but teleworker on IPsec and PPTP was actually very simple from the guides, making use of the VPN helper app.
http://www.draytek.com/support/support_note/router/application/vpn_solution/vpn_solution.php
It doesn't cover Billion specifically, but there is some very comprensive info.
oliverb
Grafter

Re: Configuring IPsec on a Draytek Vigor 2600(x)

Thanks for the tip ...
Their instructions showed some advanced options I wasn't seeing, so I've updated the firmware.
Still not helping though. Thing that's bugging me is the connection never shows up. I wonder if I need a syslog client to find out what's happening.
The Billion is currently set up for "Perfect Forward Secrecy". I'm wondering if the Draytek can't do that.
*** UPDATE ***
First successfull connection, with PFS turned off. Don't know if its important or not?
Now I'm wondering about RIP
In case anyone's interested, had another look at this thing and I think I've figured it, PFS is on the "Advanced" tab and I think it supports Group 1 or Group 2. That's the  _G1 or _G2 in the option, so if you're using ESP with DES encryption and a MD5 authentication and group 2 PFS you select DES_MD5_G2