cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure ADSL Router with Wireless Router and Homeplug

Andyclockwise

Configure ADSL Router with Wireless Router and Homeplug

I have set my network up as follows:
ADSL Router (TD-8817) >Homeplug > Homeplug> Wireless Router (TL-WR1043ND) via WAN input with static IP address (The wifi router is positioned upstairs at opposite end of house to master phone socket)
I also have a Server connected to Homeplug. Internet works fine, however the Server cannot be seen on the network, presumably because there is no connection to LAN from the Homeplug. Is there any way of configuring this, or do I need to add another Homeplug to one of the Wireless Router LAN ports?
3 REPLIES 3
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Configure ADSL Router with Wireless Router and Homeplug

Simplest option would be to just use the TL-WR1043ND as a Wireless AP. Then you only have one set of private IP addresses since all DHCP is done by the TD-8817
Disable DHCP on the TL-WR1043ND
Connect the homeplug to a LAN port instead of the WAN port.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Andyclockwise

Thanks MisterW.
If I do this, will I also be able to use the TL-WR1043ND as a wired router (in addition to a WAP) and attach a PC to it via Lan port?
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Yes. It will effectively just act as a wired network switch and a Wireless AP. 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.