cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concentrator not reachable - no DSL

vwbug

Concentrator not reachable - no DSL

Anyone have this problem?  I've pretty much given up trying to connect now,  and can't seem to log the fault,  as there seems to be an error on the reporting portal.
Seems that more often than not over the last week or so my Dsl light goes out,  and /or flashes,  and in general the first I know is that my phone Internet drops out. Tends to be for several hours each time.
When I check the router,  the error  message states that the concentrator is unreachable. I have to re-enter my administration credentials over and over. Last time I managed to report the fault,  it was restored and I closed my ticket...  Wish I'd not now.  My speed also seems to be below 10 Mb - which for FTTC was a rude surprise... 
Getting a bit fed up now.
7 REPLIES 7
hypnoboy
Grafter

Re: Concentrator not reachable - no DSL

Yep
I hear ya VW,
I've had 7 engineers in total to " fix " my connection so far, yesterday at 11am my dsl light went off when I made a phone call
It is still off as I write this from my phone using 3G.
I apparently just have to wait now as ANOTHER engineer may be sent out. Yet they have detected an error on my line. AGAIN.
I am beginning to wonder what will happen next.
Good luck with it VW
Regards
Craig
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Your line profile is set wrong.  Can you do a speed test on the bt speed tester and let us know what your BT speed profile is so we can reset your PN side one. http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/
This is what your connection looks like from a disconnection point of view.  Do the gaps/flags line up with then you are being disconnected?
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
SuperZoom
Grafter

The concentrator is presumably the PPPoE Access Concentrator.
It won't be reachable if there is no VDSL connection.
The PN profile won't be affecting that, though.
vwbug

Yes,  over the last few days it seems to be out all day,  in fact I've been unable to get online at any kind of sensible hour - I thought that I'd had no connection for more than 48 hours hence I can't run the speed test... It's still out now,  so I'll have to wait further.  Watch this space I guess.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

In the event of getting the "concentrator not reachable error" it's worth making sure you've done a "graceful" PPP restart, there is a CLI command for this if that helps:
:ppp ifdetach intf=Internet
:ppp ifconfig intf Internet gracefulrestart enabled
:ppp ifattach intf=Internet
:saveall
With regards to the profile mismatch vwbug tests are failing from this side at the moment for some reason so there may be an issue on the supplier side of things at present.
I'd advise trying the speed test tomorrow and let us know if the second attempt fails.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
vwbug

Thank you Adam,  I no longer see that error,  however I still have no DSL connection on the BT Openreach box,  so a speed  test can't be performed from here  :0(
Is there anything I need to do,  chase BT for example?  Cheers, Ian.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'd try rebooting it if you haven't already, failing that I can see that you've raised a fault so we'll be able to pick that issue up with you from there, this will also be the reason I'm unable to perform diagnostics from here in order to see the current speed profile.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team