Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaint

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Re: Complaint

I think Plusnet can run a DSL status check or something like that to see your line speed etc.

A few years ago, I asked Plusnet to do exactly the same thing via the ticket system. I got completely useless responses, first I was told it would update automatically, obviously I was asking because it hadn't, then I got my line speed compared to my estimate and told everything was fine. So instead I asked for it to be done on the forums where I was more likely to encounter someone who had a clue.

Caerefail
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

My line failed to update its profile about two weeks ago and I just contacted Plusnet on Chat and had no problem increasing the speed - the agent actually just set the speed to the max for ADSL (7.1Mb) and left it to sort itself out. No problems, no queries just very polite, good service. Amazing the difference in service depending on who you speak to.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

@HarryB wrote:
I'm really sorry to hear of the way that call was handled. I'll certainly be passing feedback on regarding the advisor you spoke to.

This is just another example of the even poorer standard of training that seems to be now given to Plusnet Support agents. The complete and utter garbage that some of them spout is also a poor reflection on Plusnet's previously excellent reputation. When it comes to 20CN in particular, one gets the impression that Plusnet treats such customers as 2nd rate citizens and staff just don't seem to appreciate the significant difference to performance that a profile change can make on very slow connections. May be if they had to suffer these poor speeds on their own connections then they may be more appreciative of the problems of 20CN in particular.

@Chris wrote:

Remember that on a 20CN line profile changes take between a few hours and 5 days (IIRC) to come through. Generally it's around 3 days for most changes on 20CN, whereas on 21CN the profile changes are straight away.

@Chris, whilst that's correct, it has nothing to do with the speed with which the Delta Reports are sent through to Plusnet!

@HarryB wrote:
In regards to why the IP profile never updates automatically. It does. However on 20CN, unfortunately the delta reports responsible for this do not come through to us anywhere near as quick as they do on 21CN Undecided
@HarryB wrote:
Unfortunately we don't have control over when our suppliers send us the delta reports. As much as I do understand where you're coming from with this

This is not a new thing of course. Has a formal complaint been made to BT Wholesale about this problem and what are they proposing to do to resolve this?

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

We receive delta reports as and when they update in the vast majority of cases, the issue being discussed in this thread is related to how often they are generated for 20CN lines although I can see it could have been worded better.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
aesmith
Pro
Fixes: 4

I don't care if PN cannot state that my line "could" not be stable if my Profile was increased to beyond what they see as a 2meg line.

Maybe they were advising that the profile would drop back down if the line didn't maintain it's current speed, which would be fair enough.

(I certainly hope the Plusnet rep didn't think that increasing the IP profile could in some way impact line stability!)

Anotherone
Champion

It makes no difference what the rep thought about line stability, that's their opinion, and the fact of the matter is that the the BT IP Profile has increased and the Current Line Speed should have increased to match. The user can then benefit from the improved speed whilst it lasts.

@Chris wrote:

We receive delta reports as and when they update in the vast majority of cases, the issue being discussed in this thread is related to how often they are generated for 20CN lines although I can see it could have been worded better.

Well actually Chris, there are two issues. The way the user's call was handled and the comments made, as detailed in the OP. The second is about 20CN Delta reports.
The evidence suggests that on too many occasions they are not issued quicky enough. It's bad enough having to wait for the IP Profile to increase, never mind waiting an excessive time for the Delta Report.

@Anotherone wrote:
This is not a new thing of course. Has a formal complaint been made to BT Wholesale about this problem and what are they proposing to do to resolve this?

The question still stands.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@Anotherone wrote:

Well actually Chris, there are two issues. The way the user's call was handled and the comments made, as detailed in the OP.

That was the first thing I dealt with after reading the OP.

@HarryB wrote:
I'm really sorry to hear of the way that call was handled. I'll certainly be passing feedback on regarding the advisor you spoke to.

Following that, my manager advised me on Friday that the manager of the advisor in question was investigating this and dealing with the advisor appropriately.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Anotherone
Champion

Thanks Harry, I realise that, I was just wanting to distinguish that there were the two issues and that the 20CN Delta Report issue (not unique to jjaycee1) really does need to be addressed.
There are many people still having to put up with appallingly slow 20CN connections and with the Speed at which BT are moving, this is likely to persist for some time.

jjaycee1
Grafter

Thanks Anotherone for understanding and explaining the pain that us low end broadband connection people suffer, and how important the raising of the Profile is, even if it is for a short time.

Regarding the Rep who answered my call and dealt with my request, I hope he is not admonished too hard but maybe sent on a refresher course in how to handle callers. It is very important that customers feel they are being listened to and responded to in an understanding and courteous manner, don't spout ill informed waffle when the customer knows exactly what is wanted and that it is absolutely do-able. That is all i ask.

I am happy for PN to close this topic as all opinions and actions have been dealt with, discussed, and actioned

Anotherone
Champion

There is still the more general question of BTw system's tardiness in sending 20CN Delta reports in a timely manner - if indeed at all on some occasions!