Did you mean: 

Companies House website

chrisco
Grafter

Companies House website

Hi All, the following message was displayed on the companies house website
welcome to the
Companies House website
the foundation of company information exchange in the UK: helping business, informing the public and benefiting the economy.
We are receiving reports that some customers are experiencing problems when trying to access Companies House Online Services. All services are available and being accessed normally by the majority of customers.
Some customers are experiencing problems because their ISP has captured and cached an alternate address, used by CH to display messages to customers whilst an electrical upgrade took place at the weekend.
Customers affected should retry at regular intervals.
Companies House would like to apologise to any customer who is affected by this problem.
I am one of those unfortunate people this is affecting, Plusnet are you aware of this & if so what's being done?
4 REPLIES 4
ChrisL
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Companies House website

Is this a special case of the problem reported at:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,67556.0.html
?Huh
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

I would guess that they changed the DNS to point to another IP address over the weekend, and have now changed it back.  DNS changes often take upto 72 hours to propogate around the world.  Plusnet don't need to do anything, its just how the Internet works.
Phil
Edit: Some info on how DNS works can be seen here.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

LiamM
Grafter

Webcheck wasn't working for me last night but now it's fine.
chrisco
Grafter

Thanks for all the replies, it's working for me now. Cool