cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community site Skin - Alternative colour scheme maybe??

jwing
Grafter

Community site Skin - Alternative colour scheme maybe??

Afternoon all,
Following the rollout of the new skin and comments about the colours not being to some users tastes, and the fact that a few people preferred the old colour scheme (as opposed to the layout) we are currently looking at offering a few alternative colours for users to choose from (technology permitting, Colin is looking into the workings of this at the moment its easy for the forums but not so easy for the front-end  Shocked ).
So we have cobbled together the following version of the new skin in the old skins colours. This is just a static page so none of the links will work, but just wondered what people’s thoughts on it were? Smiley
http://www.jwing.plus.com/purple_skin/
We hope to offer several of these alternatives over the next couple of months with the overall goal being to eventually allow users to configure their own colours but this will be a little further down the road. So in the mean time we will over alternatives which we are able to deploy easily to the current site.
Thanks!
Jonny
7 REPLIES 7
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Community site Skin - Alternative colour scheme maybe??

Really like the dark header on that one, I'm not overly keen on the purple subheadings though.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

I think I quite like all of it, including the purple subheadings!
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I generally prefer the present one except that I really prefer the lighter surround - the dark grey draws the attention away from the body
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Hmm?  A bit undecided.  I like the darker heading and colour of the current Community, but the lighter surround of the revised page.  A tad darker perhaps on the surround - but not much!
Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jmd
Grafter

I agree with oldjim the darker surround draws eyes away so lighter background please!
gary
Grafter

I just miss the widget with the tabs... which allowed you to look between news, eod's, forums and blogs. Now things seem to be a little bit 'all over' on the front page.
The colours are not 100% to my taste but they are growing on me now.
Gary.
P.S. I'm no content designer! (Your words)  Wink
God
Grafter

Having some choice will be great, cheers folks!