cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coming soon to a website near you...

maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Coming soon to a website near you...

Quote from: Colin
Quote from: maranello
Oh, and the old logo still appears when logged on to Squirrelmail.

can you try forcing a refresh on your browser?

That worked!
My other car isn't a Ferrari
petlew
Pro

Would any of the work going on have anything to do with Community (and home page as it happens) logons being rather hit or miss lately, sometimes the user name and password are all pre-filled in (remembered, as I thought I'd set it) sometimes they're blank? doesn't seem to any particular pattern to it, been going on for the last month or so. Thought for a while, it might have something to do with CCleaner clearing the details after use, but I'm reasonably sure this is not the case.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
mapletree
Grafter

I think the new look is utterly horrible.  If you were an ISP for under fives I would probably understand but I would suspect most of your customers are adults.  Please go back to the old look as it was much better or, at least, drop the pink "barbie" look.  Sad
Not applicable

Hmm, I wouldn't have associated the site with Barbie - the colours are very different!
Barbie is a much paler pink colour, the current colour used by Plusnet is much darker.
petlew
Pro

I wonder if a poll of like the new look or not would be appropriate. Just to be self defeating, I'm aware that the take up of poll's is historically at best rather low.
Personally, as I said when I posted in this the first time, I have no problem (and still don't) with the community look, the colours on my monitor are fine, and very readable, I don't know whether it was designed that way (take a bow if it was) but, my situation is strongly back lit from a window behind me, causing a lot of reflections during daylight hours, I have no trouble reading anything on the screen at all, whereas I used to with the old scheme.
No its just the plusnet home pages I have reservations about, and lean to agreeing with those who point out the childish/adult differences.
But I do find the use of lower case first letters slightly offensive though, which oddly you don't use in the links!! I realise its the modern way, but I don't have to like it, and you don't have to follow this particular trend.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
moemoff
Grafter

Well I like it .. it is a breath of fresh air ..away from the bland sterile corporate image. It’s friendly and not intimidating. It’s clear and not confusing.  The colour is a sort of deep maroon .. not pink.
ChrisL
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Whiffler
An aside on the new colour scheme...
Many years ago, when I was a small boy, we had an expression we used in the family to describe any unusual looking colour - "sky-blue pink".
The first roll-over a link on the portal pages yesterday morning brought the memories flooding back to me...
Cliff Smiley

I wanted to say how much I liked the 'roll-over' colour, but I didn't know what to call it....  Thanks, Whiffler!  Sky-blue-pink is just right.
Any chance we could have an optional CSS to reverse out the Magenta with the Sky-blue-pink -- make the latter the main colour and the Magenta the roll-over?  Wink
Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Quote from: moemoff
Well I like it .. it is a breath of fresh air ..away from the bland sterile corporate image. It’s friendly and not intimidating. It’s clear and not confusing.  The colour is a sort of deep maroon .. not pink.

Definitely looks like magenta from here (both Firefox and IE).  Tones well with the subtle colour contrasts down the bottom.  Not sure about the retained brown-and-cream for the quotes, maybe something could be found that tones a little more gently /effectively with the magenta? Perhaps something like the colouring of the 'plusnet' letters on the logo? and just some shade of grey instead of the cream, on double quotes.
Realise it's a 'work in progress' in any case.  Magenta is good but it does need a bit of dimming-down of associated colours, to whatever degree.  The portal home page looks wonderfully clear / integrated though.

Edit - later - how come 'plusnet' with a small P, changes itself to a capital P when it's posted?  Surely  p l u s n e t  is more accurate, now?
Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
jwing
Grafter

Quote from: Penny
Not sure about the retained brown-and-cream for the quotes, maybe something could be found that tones a little more gently /effectively with the magenta?

This is being fixed with the increase in the quote font sizes, it will be inline with the brand colours (If i recall it will be the blue from the brand guidelines) Hopefully both of these will get rolled tomorrow at some point.
Thanks
Jonny
Mav
Fixes: 515

Quote from: petlew
But I do find the use of lower case first letters slightly offensive though, which oddly you don't use in the links!! I realise its the modern way, but I don't have to like it, and you don't have to follow this particular trend.

Although I am not offended by the use of lower case initial letters I don't like the tend. But consistency is important so, surely the banner on the home page should say 'Welcome to Plusnet' or even 'welcome to Plusnet'?
Anyway, old or new look, I am more concerned that the level of service is as excellent as always. Rather have great feedback and support in these fora than a really 'cool' site that hides a support staff's incompetence  Smiley
Great job, Plusnet or Plusnet or... Wink
Edit: Strange but no matter how I type Plusnet - lower case p or upper case p - it is always changed to uppercase in this forum. This makes my message above seem nonsense!
So it should read 'Welcome to (lower p)lusnet' or 'welcome to (lower p)lusnet. lol
And
Great job, Plusnet or (lower p)lusnet...

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

geewizz
Grafter

We should all refer to it as pulsnet to avoid that swear filter meddling with it.
ChemicalBrother
Grafter

And on that note. i've tinkered with said filtering.. to make sure that (P)lusnet turn into plusnet... Wink
I will slap said team with a rather large wet trout later :mand:
Mav
Fixes: 515

Thanks. Messed up my previous post again  Smiley
Don't think I'll change it again Cheesy

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

ChemicalBrother
Grafter

Sorry about that.. but you know how I like to keep you all happy...  Wink
gswindale
Grafter

Quote from: Neil
One of the reasons we didn't use blue was that so many of our competitors (and our owner!) use blue predominantly in their brand. Blue also can look very cold when used with white.

There's probably a good reason for that somewhere (like it works?).  It can look cold with white, but I think that's down to the shade of blue.
I would point out that through a remote logmein session to a PC with this site open, the colours were extremely garish - I know this is due to the limitations of the connection, and that 256 colour displays are almost dead, but it is something to be aware of.