cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coerced to BroadBand your way

TAZZ69
Dabbler

Coerced to BroadBand your way

Have just been "moved" to Broadband your way option 2 due to a fault on my account.
Internet was working fine this morning when I got a call from customer support informing me of a problem with my account and I would not be able to get online, but if I switched from Broadband Plus to BByw the cost would be the same and I could get back online asap.
I was also told it may be due to having an old style account and it could take a while to get back up and running if I did not switch. Also I would have been noticing speed issues as I had almost reached my usage limit of 4GB, found this hard to believe as I never hit 4GB, normally not even close. Was also told I would be able to get back on the out of date Broadband Plus if I was unhappy, which I doubt.
Checked and could not get online so agreed to the switch, 10mins later was back online and was no where near my limit                         
Billing Period      Paid-for usage        Free usage  Total usage
02 Aug - 01 Sep      2.2GB                    1.69GB          3.89GB
02 Jul - 02 Aug        1.78GB                  9.54KB          1.78GB
02 Jun - 02 Jul        2.11GB                  23.45MB        2.13GB
As you can see i am sitting at 2.2GB which is well short of 4GB
Seems to me someone is getting brownie points for signing old accounts onto the new system which only allows free downloads between 12am and 8am where as the old one was between 12am and 4 pm.
This does not bother me but if the guy had said look we are trying to get everyone on the new package with double the download allowance I would have been happy to move.
Now there may or may not have been a problem with my account but it seems very fishy to me that Plus noticed a problem on my account before I did. When I had a problem in the past I had to tell them.
6 REPLIES 6
TAZZ69
Dabbler

Re: Coerced to BroadBand your way

I would like to say if it turns out there was a problem, and it is possible, then Plus get a gold star for fixing it before I noticed it.
PJ, I agree with you and feel I have not lost out on this as I never hit 4GB even adding my free usage on, although I am quite close this month, my next billing cycle being the 4th, But this is unusual for me. Will have to stop the wife going on line Wink
If I had taken a look at what you get with BBYW then I probably would have switched myself as the traffic priority is higher.
Just thought I would post my feelings about this being a bit strange.
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
There was an automated ticket on your account flagging an issue. Changing your account type did fix this, but we could have fixed it in a number of other ways too.
BBYW does give you more bandwidth for the same cost, but if it's not suited to you I'll happily move you back now. Just let me know if that's required. Smiley
Apologies for the confusion here, I've flagged it up so it won't happen again.
God
Grafter

I recently moved to option 2 and it was made clear that I could move back to bb+ if I want to. Which is pretty cool really, I am going to see how it goes for a couple of months then decide which I like best.
johnmglen
Grafter

You can't really knock PN, they are more than willing to shift you about (within reason) if you just ask.  When my connection went a bit mad, they were very flexible.
Ianwild
Grafter

Just to add, there is no incentive for us to move you from one account to the other - I think whoever spoke to you was just trying to make his life easier.
Do let us know if you find it presents you with any issues.
Ian
TAZZ69
Dabbler

Thanks for the comments guys & girls, as I said I am quite happy with the move, but was confused that the problem could be fixed by a regrade.
If I had actually taken a look when I got the first email about the new products then I might have moved anyway but as I never hit 4GB did not see the need to switch.
If there is no incentive for the CS member signing me up to the new account then that blows the conspiracy theory out of the water.  Roll_eyes
Finally I would like to thank Plus for sorting out my problem before I even new it existed & I would appreciate you passing on my thanks to the CS member involved.
I am glad I made the right decision to sign up with Plus 4 years ago. Smiley