Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Close to exchange - very low sync speed

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Re: Close to exchange - very low sync speed

If my maths is OK at this time of night, your sync is up by 190 per cent, so according to Kitz the profile should rise in 12 hours - then maybe another 12 - 24 hrs for PN's systems to catch up. DSLAMS don't always behave as predicted though!
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi lexhamilton,
I've just ran a line check and the profile is still 2500k. Ill check again tomorrow if I get a chance. Alternatively if you run a test at www.speedtester.bt.com and see the profile is up you can call in and ask them to change the profile from our end.
Jojo Smiley
lexhamilton
Grafter

@ Jojo.
Good morning - all looks good now.  Line profile has lifted at BT and Plusnet to 7150 and the speeds are up to much better levels as you can see from the screenshots.
Thanks for the late night update.  Do you ever stop working?
Seriously, Plusnet really does set itself apart from every other ISP or Telco I can think of with this level of interaction and support.
In addition, the community team members are also an invaluable resource.  Using these collaboration tools to help people help themselves is a great approach.
Thank you all.

lexhamilton
Grafter

Quote from: spraxyt
On longer lines connection speed and noise margin are inversely dependent upon each other, and the sync speed is set at the value which will just achieve the target noise margin (normally 6dB on well-behaved lines).
However the maximum sync speed on maxDSL is 8128kbps and once that speed is reached there is noise margin to spare and its value rises above 6dB. A healthy margin is good but specific values are immaterial.

Now that's a very clear explanation - thanks very much Spraxyt.
lexhamilton
Grafter

Quote from: 4C
If my maths is OK at this time of night, your sync is up by 190 per cent, so according to Kitz the profile should rise in 12 hours - then maybe another 12 - 24 hrs for PN's systems to catch up. DSLAMS don't always behave as predicted though!

@4C.  Your maths is spot on, even with it being so late...IP profile had lifted this a.m. so the DSLAM is behaving as hoped. 
That's not to say something odd may happen in the future, but at the moment, all looks good. Wink
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Aye, a good result.  Smiley
Let's hope it stays that way - with such a short line the odds are better than for some of us.  Wink
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI lexhamilton,
Glad it's back up to speed. Yes I do stop working. I do have to sleep you know! Wink
Jojo Smiley