cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clash of Clans Loading Problem

simnoor

Clash of Clans Loading Problem

Hi all,
Just got online with plusnet today with a plusnet router using unlimited ADSL.
Everything was going well until I tried Clash of Clans on my Android Phone. It connects ok, web pages work on the phone but not my game. It just shows the loading screen and reaches 100% then does nothing.
A google search reveled the ports that i need (9339 and 80). Ive put them in the routers Advanced Settings -> Port Forwarding but that had no effect. Ive also tried to put the device in the DMZ to see if that would get it working but no joy there either.
Any ideas?
PS. I have to walk down the street to the local shop to play my game using their WiFi.
8 REPLIES 8
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Clash of Clans Loading Problem

Have you checked that your Plusnet Firewall is off https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=firewall
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
simnoor

It says "Your firewall is currently Off."
simnoor

Well i found  a solution. More like a work around though.
I just created a VPN on my phone and now i can tunnel my way to London to access my game (not ideal). Until i find the actual problem and fix it, this will have to do. I spent last night getting messages of my village getting attacked and being powerless to do anything about it. Sucks.
georgewn1
Hooked

Hi there I am having the same problem. I tried the online chat and that was a waste of time I was told to contact clash of clans as the problem was was with them. I was also told that perhaps clash of clans does not work on plusnet.
Needless to say I was not happy.
I had a dig around under the stairs and found an old netgear router and set that up and bingo clash of clans loaded.
But like a dog with a bone I rang plusnet and they are trying to sort it and have promised a call back tomorrow.
I will let you know how it goes.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

my son is quite happily playing it (sadly) on his iPad right now, so it's probably not PN as a whole..
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
georgewn1
Hooked

I narrowed it down to my plus net router but I dont know if it is a general problem with this model router or if I have a faulty router.
georgewn1
Hooked

Plus net called me as promised and the problem has been resolved.
Clash of clans now loads every time.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

another MTU case as these are recent accounts perhaps?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'