Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chris Petitt

HughA
Grafter

Chris Petitt

Hi
Does any member of Plusnet staff know when Chris Pettitt will be around.  He took personal ownership of my question a while back and promised me an update last Friday but I've had no contact from him since.
Thanks
HughA
15 REPLIES 15
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Chris Petitt

He's not in this week, but I'll pick it up now.
HughA
Grafter

Thanks Chris
Its not urgent as the line is stable at present. I'm happy to wait for his return, it would save you having to read back through the whole history.
Regards
HughA
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It looks like all the work has been completed, your upstream seems to have increased from what you last reported?
Your line is in a training period so you may see the odd disconnection. If there is no improvement though we'll need to push this pack to our suppliers.
HughA
Grafter

Hi Chris
Upstream speed is normal again but I had to force a resync to get it back up.  Unfortunately the lift and shift doesn't seem to have solved the root problem of the upstream SNR falling by 6 or 7 dB when I use the phone. This sometimes causes a disconnection. I guess its a problem I may well have to live with but eventually the disconnections cause my downstream SNR to rise and my already low speed to drop.  Then I ask for an SNR reset but I'm told the fault must be investigated first and so the cycle starts again! Before the latest batch of disconnections my downstream had been running for several weeks with a 3dB margin. Can you suggest a way forward?
Regards
HughA
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'll check over your connection tomorrow. It looks like we'll have to push this back to BTw to investigate further, either way we'll do our all to get to the bottom of it.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

How's your connection today? I'll push this back to our suppliers if you're still seeing issues.
HughA
Grafter

Hi Chris
No disconnections today but the Upstream SNR is still affected by the phone,  I've attached a RouterStats capture covering a phone call today and showing the SNR reduction. To be honest I'm not sure that BTw will do much more if the Lift and Shift didn't fix it.  Chris Pettitt mentioned that additional work at the exchange was to take place last Friday, do you know if this happened?
Regards
HughA
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

What modem/router are you using Hugh? Are you on 20CN or 21CN ?
Have you tried another modem/router?
HughA
Grafter

Hi Anotherone
I'm on 21CN ADSL2 using a PlusNet supplied TG582N.  Had the same problem with previous Philips router. To date the following work has been undertaken to try and solve the problem.  New router, different phones, different filter, new master socket, new cable from master socket to pole, swapped to a different pair in cable to exchange and finally a lift and shift at the exchange. Just about run out of options now apart from switching to Virgin cable, but I'm not that desperate!
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I chasing this to see if further work was completed on Friday, it states that work was scheduled to go ahead after the lift & shift but there's no update on that part yet.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

@Chris
It might be worth checking that the Lift and Shift actually had the Shift to another port?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It should have been, I'll check on this to see if that's the case. I Need to await their response.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi HughA,
I'm now back from being out of the office. I've just taken a look at your connection and can see that for some reason, your upstream speeds have been capped. I've placed an order for it to be uncapped again. The order should complete at the latest of Monday. I'm going to update your ticket within the next 30 minutes with further information with regards to the Lift and Shift.
HughA
Grafter

Welcome back Chris!
I had my upstream uncapped once before and it caused the connection to be very unstable so it was recapped.  I suspect the problem with uncapped upstream was in part due to the upstream SNR problems with the phone use which still seem to be present.
Regards
HughA