cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choosing a new package

daftcars
Grafter

Choosing a new package

I'd like to try to get my monthly payment down. I'm paying £14.99 a month now for PlusNet Broadband Plus up to 8Mb which has an allowance of 4GB per month (peak). If I moved to the 1GB package at £9.99 a month, then used 4GB, would I pay £12.98? (9.99+(3x1)) Thats paying £1 per GB over my 1GB allowance. Am I correct so far?
I'd only save £2 per month, but there would be months when I stay within my 1GB allowance, and hence just pay the £9.99. If I moved, would I be starting a 12 month contract? Am I comparing like for like, or are there other differences between the two packages? With the £9.99 deal, would I still get unlimited off-peak?
Thanks for any help/explanation.
3 REPLIES 3
pcoventry76
Grafter

Re: Choosing a new package

Hello,
Not sure about the 12 month contract, i'm pretty sure you wouldn't as contract really only apply to hardware based orders. you would however lose the unlimited peak bit, as peak is 8am-midnight on BBYW option 1 so any usage between these times would count up and down.
midnight to 8- is free though so if you could schedule your downlaods for then it might help you.
daftcars
Grafter

Thanks for the replies. It's good news that it's a one month contract, I can always give it a try. I'd lose a little 'free' off peak time, but other than that, I can't see any drawbacks.
paulby
Grafter

Quote from: daftcars
I If I moved to the 1GB package at £9.99 a month, then used 4GB, would I pay £12.98? (9.99+(3x1)) Thats paying £1 per GB over my 1GB allowance. Am I correct so far?
I'd only save £2 per month, but there would be months when I stay within my 1GB allowance, and hence just pay the £9.99.

If you pay for usage in advance it would cost you £9.99 + (3 x 0.75) = £12.24
If you're only likely to go over the 1GB limit occaisionally you may be better with the "PAYG" type option of paying foer extra bandwidth as you need it however, if you regularly go over then it's cheaper to pay in advance.