Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chnages at the FTTC cabinet

Routefinder
Grafter

Chnages at the FTTC cabinet

Hi all
I have yet to take up fibre but as at the start of 2014 my Cab was FTTC enabled.  Now just thought I would see if there was any different info to learn about I put the phone number in the checker again and got this nugget copied & pasted.

FTTC Range A (Clean) 47.8 34.8 10.6 7 -- 24-Sep-14
FTTC Range B (Impacted) 40 22.4 10.6 5.7 -- 24-Sep-14

WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 2.5 -- 1 to 4 Available
ADSL Max Up to 2 -- 1 to 3.5 Available
WBC Fixed Rate  1  -- -- Available
Fixed Rate  1  -- -- Available
Other Offerings
Fibre Multicast -- -- -- 24-Sep-14
Copper Multicast -- -- -- Available

FTTC is currently not available on this cabinet due to following reasons:- Sorry your cabinet is temporarily unavailable, capacity will be restored as soon as possible.
Sorry the copy and paste loses all the formatting but it is the "availability date" of 24th September and the last sentence in bold that intrigues me. I wonder what happened and when and what does it mean bearing in mind the cab was supplying fibre services in January this year.

3 REPLIES 3
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Chnages at the FTTC cabinet

It means that the CAB is full and they need to add more capacity to it
Routefinder
Grafter

I had in inkling it was a capacity question but the phrasing is somewhat arcane!
Do you know what the max capacity in the CAB's is?  The reason I ask that is that I have seen two sizes of  FTTC CAB, a single door & a double door version.  The one I am getting the data for is one of the double door versions Smiley
Ref the increasing capacity of the CAB?  Do they blow more fibres through to it or are all the fibre bundles present so it is remote DSLAM's (not sure that is the right description for the FTTC cab 'unit' as the DSLAM is in the exchange) that need adding to?
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

The cable is already in situ. They just add further banks of connections, about 120 at a time I think. In my village it has happened several times where the cab is full & only when they have additional incomplete orders do BTOR add extra capacity. A strange way of doing business.