Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check your usage allowance NOW!

Wheel_nut
Grafter

Re: Check your usage allowance NOW!

Neil and James,
My eyes glaged over when I saw the "Setup Charge" of 6p per call. This is outrageously expensive when compared to the likes of Primus Planet Talk who have NO Setup or Call Connection Charge and daytime calls @3p/ min. (Evening and Weekend calls are FREE)
This call "Setup Charge" is the biggest single reason for moving my service away from BT and I am disappointed that you have adopted this ploy from your masters/  Angry  Crazy
R
James
Grafter

Hiya,
I appreciate where you are coming from, but you also need to look at it from our perspective.  We offer a great priced home phone product, with good call rates and included line rental.  As a business we have to make a profit, otherwise we will cease to exist.  Without the call setup charges, there is no profit margin and we'd lose money as a result of selling our Home Phone services.  This becomes even tighter when it's running alongisde a £6.99 broadband component.
From what I can tell, Primus don't have to worry about the overheads of line rental which means they're able to drop the setup charges. They'll still make the money from somewhere.
We're not forcing you to signup, so if the product doesn't suit you then it just a case of making that choice.
cjags
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: Jameseh
Hiya,
2GB included usage is in affect from now.

OK.  Can you put my allowance to 3GB for this billing period?  The 2GB included plus the 1GB I have prepaid?
Many thanks.
James
Grafter

Hiya,
I've made the change for you now.
cjags
Aspiring Pro

Many thanks.
It is showing up in View My Usage.
cp:quote
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi all,
We've seen this happen on a few accounts today and our developers have just advised a fix has been developed. We'll be rolling this shortly, so anyone who's noticed missing usage following the changes will have that reset as it should be.
Sorry for the hassle,
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Hiya,
,,,,,, As a business we have to make a profit, otherwise we will cease to exist.  Without the call setup charges, there is no profit margin and we'd lose money as a result of selling our Home Phone services.  This becomes even tighter when it's running alongisde a £6.99 broadband component.
From what I can tell, Primus don't have to worry about the overheads of line rental which means they're able to drop the setup charges. They'll still make the money from somewhere.

I agree that you MUST make a profit. However, I don't agree with the business proposition of subsidising of the loss-leading Broadband component by making the lost profit on the Call component. I am looking at this from the PlusNet point of view. What is there to stop the customer diverting all calls through another call provider like Primus with no connection charge? You would take a loss on such customers.
BTW, Primus charge £9-49 for Line Rental including free evening and weekend calls and charge Local and National calls at 3p/min.... all including VAT. There's some competitive analysis for free!  Wink
p.s. Nice change to Option 1. I am still waiting for Pro Lite  Smiley
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

How could your "divert" all calls through Primus. Isn't the Primus service you talk about a CPS one? in which case I doubt you can do that when taking your line from PN.
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Anotherone,
Switching your Line rental to Plusnet or any other provider (afaik) does not preclude you using CPS to divert your calls to a different provider. Even if it did, most telephone handsets have the facility to prefix all calls with the divert code to another provider.
My point is that Plusnet's bundling strategy is not properly thought through.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I think you will certainly find that if you take line rental from eg. Ontel or TalkTalk and you then try to CPS to another provider, they will ask/tell you to take you line rental elsewhere. Certainly you can dial prefix codes (if you know them) but you have to be registed with that service and generally these days the main providers are not interested in indirect access, CPS is the minimum. Your are generally limited to those providers that only provide indirect access (though there are plenty to choose from) but even some major providers block them as it is in the T&C's.
I do agree that PN's latest "essentials" offering is not 'well' marketed.
James
Grafter

We don't prevent our customer using CPS, but it's not a supported service.
cjags
Aspiring Pro

So, if your prepaying for an extra GB it'll now cost you £10.99 as opposed to the £11.49 you used to pay.

Hi James.  Just got my bill through for next month and it is £11.24 instead of £10.99.
There is a "Include Data Transfer Upgrade Charge On 23/08/2008 " of 25p showing on the invoice.
What is this for ?