Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check/Reset Plusnet profile for relative request query

bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

Check/Reset Plusnet profile for relative request query

I have a relative who is not very computer literate and I think they may have a 'stuck profile' problem. They moved to a new property not far from their old address a few months ago and I believe they took their Plusnet account with them which makes me wonder whether their profile was updated.  

I'm not able to visit them to investigate but I did manage to talk them through getting some test results from the BT wholesale performance tester using ethernet wired PC.  I think they have a TG582n router.

BT IP profile is over 16mbps in two separate tests 5 days apart, and the Current Speed setting on Plusnet portal appears to be only 11mb if valid.

Would someone at Plusnet be able to check their speed profile if I PM their full name, username and telephone number?

Thanks in advance.

ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-
2 REPLIES 2
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Check/Reset Plusnet profile for relative request query

Please send me a private message with their username and I'll take a look.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

Re: Check/Reset Plusnet profile for relative request query

Thank you Chris for looking into it. My relative has reported this evening, an immediate improvement in download speed over ethernet.  Speedtest.net reporting 14mbps down, 0.75mbps up.

ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-