Did you mean: 

Charges?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Charges?

From http://www.bt.co.uk/pricing/current/Misc_boo/1393_d0e1.htm

Full-rate charges - Where the fault is found not to be with any BT service or equipment. In particular this covers the situation where no fault is found, or the fault is found to be on non-BT equipment, or is due to damage caused by someone other than BT or someone at the customer's premises, or due to theft, loss or removal of equipment, or in the case of customer owned or rented equipment (but not BT's network) faults caused by damage by external or environmental factors (e.g. lightning, electrical surges or floods).

Note the charge for BT Retail residential customers is £150 and £245+VAT for business customers

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Esme185
Dabbler

Well, they found a corroded chip inside my master socket, and something was wrong in the circuit box outside. They changed the master socket in my home. My internet is back on and running at a good speed now. I'm guessing I'll be charged for this even tho I didn't corrode the chip or fiddle with the box thing outside
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

I very much doubt it - BTOR are responsible for everything right up to the test socket.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

pvmb
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

"BTOR are responsible for everything right up to the test socket" - So NOT for the consumer plate!

However, the OP said they did not have a NTE box with a test socket, so presumably an old LJU box. There will not be a "chip" in the LJU, but there will have been a PCB, some simple electronic components and  IDC connectors.

If an LJU box, no consumer plate. So I guess the whole thing will be regarded as BTOR stuff which I assume has now been replaced, hopefully without charge, by a new NTE 5C with a test socket.

Mav
Fixes: 515

pvmb wrote:

Can't seem to edit posts anymore, is this now time limited?

@pvmb As far as I am aware it has always been limited to 24 hours on the Lithium platform.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

I thought it was a lot less than that.

Perhaps @Adamtemp may remember what the default editing time was on a lithium forum?

ETA a quick search on the O2 forum brings up this where the editing time was increased to 90 minutes :eek:

Mav

@pvmb wrote:

This reply has just been expletive deleted during editing!

@pvmb I found the post in the Spam Filter, released it and then removed it as was a duplicate.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Adamtemp
Grafter

@Browni thought it used to be 60 mins on o2 then was shortened to 30 then upped as you say I think it is very variable

GLOBALNET now part of madasafish now plusnet With The same isp since 1995 ( now all part of BT) now on a 21cn exchange wwstal 80/20 fttc
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Iirc it's 24 hours here.

Mav

@Mav wrote:

@pvmb As far as I am aware it has always been limited to 24 hours on the Lithium platform.

I didn't mean all Lithium forums but as a continuation from the old SMF forums.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@Esme185 wrote:
Well, they found a corroded chip inside my master socket, and something was wrong in the circuit box outside. They changed the master socket in my home. My internet is back on and running at a good speed now. I'm guessing I'll be charged for this even tho I didn't corrode the chip or fiddle with the box thing outside

From going over the fault report with our suppliers, I'm not entirely sure if this will be chargeable to be honest. Time will tell, if it is chargeable we should know within about 3 months. Happy to hear it's all fixed though.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
kjpetrie
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

If customers are responsible for the faceplate of the socket, does that mean spares are available for us to purchase at a reasonable cost?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Filtered faceplates are cheap enough ... https://www.run-it-direct.co.uk/adsl-vdsl-faceplates/vte2015filteredfaceplate/

Note though you need to know which version of NTE5 you have A/B/C - the latter being comparatively new and very different - it is "tool-less" and near idiot proof!

pvmb
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

@kjpetrie wrote:

If customers are responsible for the faceplate of the socket, does that mean spares are available for us to purchase at a reasonable cost?

Well I have a relatively new and unused ordinary NTE faceplate going spare! Cost less than £2 from eBay if I recall, requires a punch down tool to connect extension wiring. But it won't fit the new NTE 5C box...

kjpetrie
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

So it's not something the consumer can really be expected to identify and replace, yet the consumer is not entitled to expect a qualified engineer to replace it as part of the supplied installation. Seems a bit odd to me.