Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for going over useage AGAIN!!

penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Charged for going over useage AGAIN!!

I reset my useage on the 7th of every month.  Noted last night I was very near the 2Gb cap, on PAYG, and wasnt bothered, can cope with 1 day with no access, so I didnt add extra useage.  Check the account this morning, and I have had an extra 2Gb added automatically.  WHY WHY WHY.......  I have the data tranfer watch set to 14.99 (2GB), and I was quite happy to cope with no Web access till tomorrow, and that was my choice, and why I set the data transfer watch to 2Gb.  Is the data transfer watch completely useless, as its never worked as I expect it to work for me at all.  Can someone from Comms please explain, and also refund the £1.80 please. Angry  Sorry to sound harsh, but this kind of thing really annoys me about PlusNet, have no other issues with the service at all.
9 REPLIES 9
godsell4
Rising Star

Re: Charged for going over useage AGAIN!!

The script that reset the usage shown on the portal and the script that does the billing run at different times, have you actually been billed yet?
Give it till the end of the day to let both scripts run, it should sort itself out tomorrow. Sad
PN have been made aware of, and they acknowledge this quirk occurs, this has been going on for as many years as I have been a customer! No action as it only affects a few.
SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
James
Grafter

Hi Penfold,
You don't appear to have been billed yet and looking at your account this isn't due to happen until tomorrow.
Once it has, I'll happily review your invoice and refund £1.80 if it's applicable.
penfold
Aspiring Pro

Thanks both
I dont get billed until the 7th anyway, and went to my 2Gb cap prob yesterday evening.  I wanst bother at having to have 1 day with no access, and didnt want to pay 1.80 for an extra 2Gb, that I will lose after 24hrs.  My issue is that the data transfer watch has not stopped the automated process telling me I have had an extra 2gb chunk, whcih I was under the assumption that it would, and take me to a webpage, telling me I had to pay for more useage, but for some reason this has never worked for me. I would assume the billing script and useage reset script will not run for me till tomorrow, and therefore I have had an extra 2Gb added.  Would James be kind enough to look into the data transfer watch issue for me please, and se if its my own interpretation of its function thats flawed (which TBH woulnt be a surprise Crazy)
penfold
Aspiring Pro

@jameseh
James, it appears I have been billed for extra useage, and I would appreciate a refund, as per your previous post (I have PMed you rgrds this).  Also the bill only appears to be for 1Gb, when I assumed it was 2Gb per chunk on PAYG, anyhow thats matters not.  I would also appreciate an explanation to why the Data Transfer watch does not appear to work.  It is set to 14.99, whcih is for 2Gb of useage on Legacy PAYG.  I never usually go over this, and I know why I came close this month, as I downloaded Ubuntu Linux. As it was, I would have been without the net for 1 day, if I did not up my useage, and adding an extra 2Gb seemed a little pointless for 1 day, as it would have been taken away from me again.
I dont mean to sound bitter, but it has annoyed me a tad.
Mark
Grafter

Hi penfold.
I really sorry this has happened. I'll find out how and why when I get in tomorrow and get it rectified as quickly as possible.
penfold
Aspiring Pro

Mark
Appreciate the reply.  I would be most interested in what happened here. If you want my actual Username, I will PM it to you.
Mark
Grafter

You're welcome.
Dont need the u/n and I'll keep you posted.
penfold
Aspiring Pro

@mark/Jameseh
Have you any more info regards this, and a refund please
penfold
Aspiring Pro

I have now raised a ticket regards this issue, 25929916.  I would apprecite an explantion of why this occured.