Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing package - Price Confusion

kmw350
Rising Star

Changing package - Price Confusion

Hi,
I am thinking of going to unlimited as I have got closer to the 60GB limit a couple of times recently, but need to ask some questions to help my decision -
1) I notice on these forums, many people mention £9.99 or thereabouts for the unlimited service, but I am quoted 16.99 (or 19.49 with no contract). Why is this ?
2) I also notice when looking at the choice of products, there is an estimated download speed. I am happy with my current speed (around 8 or so Mb), is it safe to assume this speed will not change at all? Is there any break in the service when upgrading? (The speed and continuity are important as my wife  is using it for her work).
3) and finally a cynical question, sorry - I have been happy with PlusNet since 2010, so I may as well choose the cheaper contracted option, but, is there any drop in the quality of connection due to the cheaper price, compared to the 60GB Extra, or the un-contracted option?
Many thanks for any answers you can provide,
Keith
5 REPLIES 5
gswindale
Grafter

Re: Changing package - Price Confusion

Hi
1) It depends on what classification your exchange has under the Ofcom classifications.
2) There was no break of service / change of speed when I switched to unlimited from my previous package.
3) Not that I've noticed.
I note your comment regarding your wife using it for her work - is this an occasional "work" or is it a full time business - if the latter you should surely be on a business package?
kmw350
Rising Star

Thanks Geoff, that's appreciated.
No my wife's work wouldn't justify the business package, but she occasionally connects remotely to her workplace and I wanted to be sure it wouldn't affect that, (or if I upgraded immediately she wouldn't be cut off, as she was at the computer when I asked the question).
kmw350
Rising Star

Also,
do you happen to know what happens after 12 months?
i.e. I know it is then renewed on a monthly basis, but does the cost stay the same (16.99), or does it rise to the non-contract price of 19.49?
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

The price will stay the same.
That's RPM to you!!
kmw350
Rising Star

Thank you RPM Smiley