cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing billing dates?

kev25v6
Dabbler

Changing billing dates?

Is it possible to change payment dates? My bill date is the 27th due to when i started with Plusnet but it would be better on the 1st. Can a charge be made for the few days in between and then start back on proper monthly payments?Is there an option on the member centre somewhere to do this?
10 REPLIES 10
Zap
Grafter

Re: Changing billing dates?

I have this problem and was advised that if I put my debit card details online they would be able to do it and charge the card for the few days.  I suggest you raise a ticket via your control panel.
kev25v6
Dabbler

Thanks for the help.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

It depends on your circumstances to be honest. If you're home phone service is with us then unfortunately altering the billing date isn't as trivial as being able to take an interim payment. Like Zap says though, raise a support ticket and we can tell you either way.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

kev25v6
Dabbler

I only have my broadband with Plusnet.
Zap
Grafter

Eeks, I am in the process of moving my phone line to Plusnet, I have been meaning to move the broadband to the first of the month from the 22nd, better action that NOW.
Mand
Grafter

@Zap, we'd definitely need to do it before the Home Phone became active, so if it absolutely needs doing I'd request it now. Wink
Zap
Grafter

Raised ticket immediately after last post and put by debit card on your system.
Been meaning to do it for years, it is really irritating trying to remember what day of the month it ends on.
Thanks for your help Mand
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Quote from: Zap
Raised ticket immediately after last post and put by debit card on your system.
Been meaning to do it for years, it is really irritating trying to remember what day of the month it ends on.
Thanks for your help Mand

Remember that putting card details onto the system grants Plusnet CCA (Continuing Credit Authority) which allows them to quickly charge your account.  That part is good Smiley  Less good is your inability to control what is being charged and when  Sad    CCA is much harder to dispute than a Direct Debit, so you may want to remove your card details once the exercise is complete. 
Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Zap
Grafter

Can't believe this, Mand tells me I have to do this quickly because it will be really hard after the phone is done, then I get this message:
The following comment was added to the Question
Dear Mr Zap, At the moment we have an internal problem that prevents us from doing so, to change your billing date would cause you to be charged incorrect amounts, for this reason we do not change billing dates. This will be fixed, but I couldn't say when. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes.

How do I get this done?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

send Mand a PM and hope