cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Upload speed, tried before

aceadam

Changing Upload speed, tried before

ok so a while back i requested through the member center (help and support) to change it so i have a much better upload speed. After they changed my line it was much better (getting around 1.1mb) but my download suffered majorly (from 22mb down to just 8mb) i live about 100m away from the exchange so i dont see why this happened. Also i would love to just have fibire but it seems BT just missed my flat (above a take away)  What else whould i try? another ISP? i have been debating for a long time about it...
1 REPLY 1
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Changing Upload speed, tried before

What else whould i try? another ISP? i have been debating for a long time about it...

No Smiley where as we can't bring fibre to you any quicker (as much as we'd like to) let us help you out with the download speed issue.
You may be aware that uncapping the upstream of a connection can reduce the downstream slightly, but not to the degree you're seeing so without further ado I'd advise raising a fault: http://faults.plus.net (or call on 0800 432 0200 if you prefer).
I'm sure we can help you get that fixed and let me know if you need any further help or advice beyond that.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team