cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing PC

davymurph

Changing PC

Hello
Im changing my PC and would like to know if I need my plusnet settings to change over. Im thinking of the modem and loggin in, as it usually does it automatically and I have no idea what my password would be!
9 REPLIES 9
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: Changing PC

The ADSL password is the same as your portal login. Also the ADSL login can be found on the member centre under connection settings -> connection details.
What ADSL equipment are you using? If its a USB you will need to install its software before you can use it. If you are using a router with Ethernet connection then you don't have to do anything regarding aDSL connection.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

but connection details give your password as ********  that doesnt help the OP who has forgotten his!
Not applicable

Nah they don't pierre_pierre, 'cause if you've forgotten your password, you cannae get into the portal to even see the bit where it doesn't tell you your password.
If you knew your password, it wouldn't tell you, but that'd be fine because you already know it.
Its when you don't know it that it would tell you, only you can't see it if you don't know your password.
Time to call PN Support methinks. Wink
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

I didn't say the password can be found on that page, I said the login Wink
Not applicable

I'd counter with a similar argument that it won't tell you that nugget of info either if you don't know your password. Wink
pierre_pierre
Grafter

nah ne nah nah, On my firefox, i dont have to know my password it remembers it for me, lucky for me though I have got all my passwords secure just in case I ever need them.
madjbright
Grafter

When Firefox remembers your passwords you can get to them through the options.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I can see the option to show passwords  -there you go I never realized that
paulby
Grafter

@davymurph
What kind of modem do you have?  If your new PC is using Vista as opposed to Xp you should be aware that not all USB modems have Vista compatible drivers.  It may be worth your while investing in a router.  Routers don't need any drivers and tend to be better at maintaining a connection than USB modems.
What PN product are you on?  If it's a legacy product and you change to BBYW you may be eligible for a free router.