cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes to Home Phone Pricing and T&C for phones and broadband

pd
Grafter

Re: Changes to Home Phone Pricing and T&C for phones and broadband

I have only just found out about the changes as I have not been on the forums in a while. Yes, I did receive the email, but I paid scant attention to it since, without reading it through, it appeared to relate only to Plusnet Home Phone which I don't have anyway.

Changes to my Broadband T&Cs are, in my opinion, important enough to warrant a separate email, not tagged on the bottom of something which is not relevant to me at all.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Have you voted in the poll about this?
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,81029.0.html
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Actually your sig line could be misleading. 12/18 month contracts still apply to deferred items such as modem/routers, house moves, connection, etc. or you can take the "no contract option" and pay up front.
Simon_M
Grafter

I disagree. Deferred payments are not a contract to supply broadband, they are separate contracts to purchase equipment that are waived if you continue to take broadband for a period of 12 months.
I know what you mean, but it's a world away from the old 12/18 month broadband contract where you ended up paying for something you didn't get if you left early. At least with the deferred equipment payments you do actually get to keep the kit you are paying for.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Quote from: Simon
I disagree. Deferred payments are not a contract to supply broadband..............

I never said they were. I clearly said
12/18 month contracts still apply to deferred items.................

Why you insist on trying to misquote me and split hairs over such trivia is beyond me. It's still a contract for 12/18 months depending on what you signed up for at the time.
Quote from: Simon
..................................................... At least with the deferred equipment payments you do actually get to keep the kit you are paying for.

True, but that's not the case for connection, cease or house move.
I still stand by what I said.  Although I understand what jelv is saying, a sig line of
12/18 month contracts have been abolished - all Plusnet residential contracts are now 10 days (including for existing users)
could be mis-interpreted. Customers may think they can just give 10 days notice, go, and not owe a penny. NOT TRUE. They'd still be liable for the FULL cost of deferred items to which they'd contracted.