cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed filter, IP profile increased, speed yet to?

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Changed filter, IP profile increased, speed yet to?

Overnight depends on where you are and where the biggest source of noise is coming from. If it's MW propogation, more likely in (semi-) rural areas, long overhead lines etc, then it ain't quieter!
alben
Grafter

Hi all , this is our just sampled stats.
Statistics                          Downstream                          Upstream
Line Rate                        7616 Kbps                              448 Kbps
Attainable Line Rate      8160 Kbps                            1144 Kbps
Noise Margin                  6.6 dB                                      22.0 dB
Line Attenuation              26.0 dB                                    21.0 dB
Output Power                  12.4 dBm                                19.8 dBm
alben
Grafter

Due to power supply problems affecting the area our router has restarted twice today, resulting in the stats below, the noise margin has decreased to such a low level I doubt it will last through the night  :'(. Shame as have had a nice stable connection and a profile of 6500 for the last two weeks
Statistics                                           Downstream                     Upstream
Line Rate                                           8096 Kbps                       448 Kbps
Attainable Line Rate                        8800 Kbps                       1144 Kbps
Noise Margin                                    5.3 dB                                22.0 dB
Line Attenuation                               26.0 dB                              21.0 dB
Output Power                                   12.3 dBm                          19.8 dBm
Anotherone
Champion

Hi Alan,
Yeh that sort of thing is a ruddy nuisance. As you've been monitoring your SNRM what sort of time of day does it typically get to a 6dB level previously? Don't reboot. What I would do is powerdown the router (make sure you're not going to get any more power cuts!!) about an hour before this, and then powerup at the right time, hopefully that will sort you out. The DLM should know the difference between a power down and as disconnect/reboot (as long as you don't unplug the line from the router.
HTH
PS. If your target should go back up, I'm sure a request to James will sort you out.
alben
Grafter

Hi Chris, thanks for the advice, NM would reach the 6db mark at aprox 9pm. Just checked stats again.
Statistics                                  Downstream                        Upstream
Line Rate                                  8096 Kbps                          448 Kbps
Attainable Line Rate                8800 Kbps                          1144 Kbps
Noise Margin                            4.1 dB                                  22.0 dB
Line Attenuation                      26.0 dB                                21.0 dB
Output Power                          12.3 dBm                            19.8 dBm
Alan
Anotherone
Champion

Ooh, that's a bit later than I would have thought, still, let's hope sync speed isn't too low. As the weather is pretty stable, if you can run RouterStats overnight, well continuously over a good day or two may be ideal and see what your lowest SNRM is, and what sort of typical range you have.
alben
Grafter

Had a resynch at aprox 20:30 as below, not the end of the word as will hopefully get a 6000 profile and in time get back to a stable 6500 Smiley
Statistics                            Downstream                              Upstream
Line Rate                            6816 Kbps                                  448 Kbps
Attainable Line Rate          7360 Kbps                                  1128 Kbps
Noise Margin                      8.5 dB                                            22.0 dB
Line Attenuation                26.0 dB                                          21.0 dB
Output Power                    12.5 dBm                                      19.8 dBm
Alan Smiley

Anotherone
Champion

Huh. Looks like your target may have gone back to 9dB. Wait until you see a SNRM better than 9.5-10 dB tomorrow and do a resync. and if things on RouterStats look ok after a couple of days, with you previous history, it would be worth asking James to get it reset.
alben
Grafter

Hi Chris, have been running around like a BAF today so have only just seen your post, I will resynch tommorow morning when I see a NM as high  you suggest.
Alan
alben
Grafter

I  resynched at aprox 06:30 Nm 5.9db, forgot that it should have been 9.5db Embarrassed however NM is 6.3db at present, so have to wait and see if it is stable.
Alan
Anotherone
Champion

Urm, I wouldn't worry about that, it's looking as though the Target was in fact 6dB, strange after a couple of days ago. What sync speed did you get?
alben
Grafter

Hi Chris, just taken these stats.
Statistics                          Downstream                          Upstream
Line Rate                          7648 Kbps                              448 Kbps
Attainable Line Rate        8288 Kbps                            1120 Kbps
Noise Margin                    6.3 dB                                    22.0 dB
Line Attenuation              26.0 dB                                    21.0 dB
Output Power                    12.3 dBm                              19.7 dBm
alben
Grafter

NM and synch seem steady , I do not believe my line can support above this synch, will be very happy if things remain stable. Just taken stats
Alan
Statistics                        Downstream                  Upstream
Line Rate                      7648 Kbps                      448 Kbps
Attainable Line Rate      8288 Kbps                    1120 Kbps
Noise Margin                6.1 dB                              22.0 dB
Line Attenuation          26.0 dB                            21.0 dB
Output Power              12.3 dBm                        19.7 dBm
Anotherone
Champion

Hi Alan,
that looks a lot better, especially as it's been quite noisy from a propogation point of view yesterday.
It may not be the line that can't support the sync. but whether the router can hang on. This led me to thinking, do you have much overhead line or is most underground. In also checked that I hadn't commented on the fact that you stats suggest your line takes a more direct route to you from the exchange.
alben
Grafter

Hi Chris, my line is completely UG, I do live on a newish development so the cable may be more direct or better quality (I have not even noticed any cabinets in the area, I walk our dog and would have taken note if I had seen one) I did a restart approx 48 hours ago and all is stable. Current profile is 5500, I expect this to improve to 6000 in time. Stats just taken.
Alan
Statistics                                Downstream                        Upstream
Line Rate                                7360 Kbps                            448 Kbps
Attainable Line Rate            7904 Kbps                            1124 Kbps
Noise Margin                        6.6 dB                                      22.0 dB
Line Attenuation                    26.5 dB                                    21.0 dB
Output Power                        12.4 dBm                                19.8 dBm