cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of Router

harrywil

Change of Router

Hi, can anybody tell me if I was to replace my Belkin  Wirelees G Plus MIMO Router with an EE Brightbox 2, would this be an easy replacement to do.
I am Replacing with the Brightbox 2 as it has a very good report for speed and range on the 'Which' web site, both of which I have been experiencing just lately.
Thanks for any reply.
3 REPLIES 3
ian007jen
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: Change of Router

Can the EE supplied brightbox be used on plusnet, or is it locked for use only on EE?Huh
jack21
Grafter

BrightBox 2: Its quite a nice modem/router combo, and on a long line for ADSL works as well as a 2700HGV....it does have good wifi too. Using it on VDSL it also does very well - good sync rate and low errors (on my line).
However, its firmware will only accept an EE broadband username/password in order to setup an internet connection, so is not suitable for Plusnet. It does work fine on with TalkTalk because they don't use username/password authentication.
You can use it as a wireless access point provided you use some other modem/router to do broadband/internet connection duty.
ronaldo
Hooked

Hi Jack21, I was interested in your reply about the Brightbox 2 router as an access point but I am unsure how to set this up.

I would be most grateful if could you possibly explain. Many thanks, Ronaldo.

@jack21 wrote:
BrightBox 2: Its quite a nice modem/router combo, and on a long line for ADSL works as well as a 2700HGV....it does have good wifi too. Using it on VDSL it also does very well - good sync rate and low errors (on my line).
However, its firmware will only accept an EE broadband username/password in order to setup an internet connection, so is not suitable for Plusnet. It does work fine on with TalkTalk because they don't use username/password authentication.
You can use it as a wireless access point provided you use some other modem/router to do broadband/internet connection duty.