cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cease on line preventing migration?

paulby
Grafter

Cease on line preventing migration?

My latest referral is having problems moving to PN from Sky. 
He's obtained a MAC from Sky which PN say is invalid (although it's in the correct format).  He's checked it twice with Sky who insist that it's correct and will not issue another for 30 days (as you would expect).
However, prior to asking for a MAC to move his broadband, he asked Sky to cancel all his services (TV, phone & BB).  I suspect that they may have put a cease on the broadband which is causing his current problem.
Is this a likely scenario? 
If it is he'll probably need to wait until the line is ceased before PN try to reactivate it.
5 REPLIES 5
James
Grafter

Re: Cease on line preventing migration?

Hi Paul,
If you PM me with the telephone number, I might be able to find out whether or not there is a cease present on the line.
A cease order would prevent us from placing a migration order.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If he's cancelling all Sky services including phone, who's taking over the phone service?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
paulby
Grafter

His phone is CPS with Sky (currently pays Sky for calls, line rental to BT).  Calls will revert to BT although he is wanting to move his phone to PN too.
Had a PM back from Jameseh and it looks like his MAC is invalid (and there's no apparent cease on the line) so he's currently in a stalemate situation.
Sky insist that the code is valid and are point blank refusing to issue another one for 30 days. 
Where these types of situation leave the person trying to migrate I've no idea - there doesn't seem to be any way of sorting it out.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

OFCOM?
Sky refusing to issue a valid MAC
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
James
Grafter

Sky insist that the code is valid and are point blank refusing to issue another one for 30 days.

TBH - I don't think it's intentional.  I've seen occasions where e.Co (order system) has generated invalid MAC Codes and you can't generate a new one until the 30 days have expired.
Worth getting in touch with Sky to see if there is a cease on the line though.