cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot log on to internet (RESOLVED) / dramatic speed drop (CONTINUING ISSUE)

munkimatt
Grafter

Cannot log on to internet (RESOLVED) / dramatic speed drop (CONTINUING ISSUE)

This is more of a question regarding guideline timeframes for fault responses.
I rang up yesterday regarding my speeds which where fluctuating from 6.5 (at point of router reboot) to 0.1-0.3 a few minutes later. While on the phone I managed to load up my e-mail on my phone and realised my DD had failed. I sorted that payment and the chap on the phone said that will be why I'm having speed issues, he's reset my account and all will be right in 5-10 minutes.
5-10 minutes later my connection fully dropped out. I have a steady broadband light on the router but no internet light. Whenever I try to log on to the internet I'm told 'authentification failed' (and I'm 100% the username/password is correct).
After speaking to CS I was given two BT test logins, both of which work, however my log in still does not. I was told this would be escalted to a higher level. Upon checking my account it shows that they have completed fault tests and passed them all and await an update from myself. I still cannot log in, and told them this at 9(ish) this morning. I've had no communication since.
So two things really? Is nothing since 10pm last night from Plusnet normal? And two, it's juts my login that seems to have this problem, and only happened after my account was reset...could it be something so simple it's being overlooked?
Matt
6 REPLIES 6
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Cannot log on to internet since call to customer services

Hi,
Can you try connecting now? There was something odd happening with the RADIUS authentication on your account which I've now fixed.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
munkimatt
Grafter

oh Plusnet, I do love you so...
munkimatt
Grafter

Spoke too soon.. Speeds are all over the place. On a router reboot it will be as above, give it 10 minutes of browsing and we go down to110-200 kbps. Ticket ID 31004333.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Cannot log on to internet (RESOLVED) / dramatic speed drop (CONTINUING ISSUE)

So each time you reboot the router, the speeds incrase for 10 minutes and then start to slow down?
If so, then I'd suggest it may be the router at fault there. I'll get an RMA in progress to replace it for you.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
munkimatt
Grafter

Re: Cannot log on to internet (RESOLVED) / dramatic speed drop (CONTINUING ISSUE)

Sad to say that this issue has returned.
Today 20:13   199 kbps (24.9kB/s)   596 kbps (74.5kB/s)
So slow right now I can't even load up speedtest.net
As previous, a reboot resolves for a shrt period and then it's straight back down again.
Speedtest.net
munkimatt
Grafter

Just thought I'd update. I've borrowed a router from a friend, plugged it all up and it's running ridiculously fast again...you haven't given me anoother faulty router have you? I'll keep an eye on this one over 24 hours.