Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get Routerstats to work.Please help

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Cannot get Routerstats to work.Please help

The other way round the problem
Go to router interface and click on disconnect then after a few minutes reboot the router - that should sort it
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I knew Jim'd come up with that one sooner or later, but I don't suppose that would be too clever an idea whilst the SNRM is below 6 otherwise your sync speed will drop  Shocked
Did it prompt you to kill a session? I'm not totally sure how Win7 does it,. Jim's the Win7 man.
If it kills them as he said, repeat the Telnet to see if both Sessions are still active.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I doubt that would be the case
My current noise margin is 4.8dB but a reboot, although it takes it back to 6dB, doesn't drop the speed
The noise margin drops over time (usually over night does it)  as the higher tones drop out and don't get used again
jjaycee1
Grafter

Yippee it is back working. I just disconnected my connection from the router web page, and then did the telnet command prompt, removed session 2 and then it started working!!!
Thanks for your help guys.
Anotherone
Champion

Phew, thank goodness a reboot wasn't needed. Jim, you don't sync at 1152 or lower on 20CN, his connection is a pain in the ****  Sad
Anotherone
Champion

Close RouterStats now, as long as you amended those settings on 6.8h you shouldn't have further problems and it should start again after with no problem. Wait at least a full minute between closing and opening it again.
Are you finding your connection nice and stable with the 582n Jon?
jjaycee1
Grafter

NO !! From October thru to March I was on 1mb profile with connection speed at 1152 thru 1280 and Noise Margin at 5-7db consistently. Since then Highest speed is 1024 and NM all over the place. I was not joking about the sunshine having a serious NMargin effect. Today was dull, damp and miserable and NM stayed at 6db +/- a couple of decimal points e.g 6.4-5.8db. Sun came out at about 3pm and NM goes to pot! so far since 3pm I've had 5.5 down to 4.3db.
Any clues??????
Anotherone
Champion

I meant had you been suffering drops regularly (before this recent issue then), if so how often was it dropping roughly?
Current issue sounds like a dodgy joint possibly at the top of a pole which gets nicely warmed up in the sun, or a fracture in the cable and the connection starts to get a bit iffy as the cable expands and stretches in the heat.
Can you hear/have you heard any crackling or other noises on the line when using the phone? Have you had any problems with incoming or outgoing calls?