cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect to: www.pistonheads.com

Dr_Steve

Cannot connect to: www.pistonheads.com

I am having problems connecting to the website: www.pistonheads.com from home on my PlusNet account. I know the site is up and working as I can connect at work (on a different ISP), or at home though a VPN connection to work.
I can ping www.pistonheads.com from both locations fine, both displaying the same IP address.
Any ideas? Huh
Cheers,
Stephen
7 REPLIES 7
James
Grafter

Re: Cannot connect to: www.pistonheads.com

Not much help, but I'm unable to access it from my work connection.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

This is pretty odd, I can't view it from here or my home (PN) connection, James can't view it from here. Liam (non-PN) and Bob (PN) can both view it from home connections.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Dr_Steve

There are a few people on there reporting the same issue in their 'Website Feedback' forum (in the "Vixpy in trouble..." thread). Very strange.
Chris
Legend

So it doesn't appear to be ISP specific? They may have altered a DNS setting and it's still propagating around.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

Yep, certainly doesn't seem like it's limited to PN connections.
dennisb66
Grafter

Working fine from here (PN connection)
Loombucket
Grafter

Ditto.  I think pistonheads may have been having a problem or made a DNS change that needs time to propagate, as previously stated.  It certainly doesn't seem to be Plusnet related.