Did you mean: 

Cannot connect to Internet sites

FIXED
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 14

Cannot connect to Internet sites

An odd situation.  All Internet sites are timing out, but I can connect to Plusnet and Google.

Thompson router reporting a gateway failure at 195.166.130.254.

Is this a problem on the BT interface to Plusnet?

Plusnet internet.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 622

Re: Cannot connect to Internet sites

Hey Maurice.

Our tests aren't showing any definitive issues and it looks like your connection has been up for 5 days straight:

If you've tried rebooting your router I'd recommend powering it down for 65 mins then back on as there may be a stale session.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 14

Strange.  Internet access has returned, but the Router is still reporting the Gateway failure to connect.

It's odd that I could still access Community and get responses from Google (though that may be a proxy within the network?).

Access to a number of other locations I was using returned after a few minutes and continue to work - but the Router still reports failure.

I'll try a reboot later.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 622

Ah fair, as far as I'm aware the connectivity check on the Thomson/Technicolor routers can fail nowadays due to the way your service is routed across the dedicated network however that's not always indicative of a fault with the service. I'd recommend keeping an eye on things letting us know if you notice any developments.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
jab1
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 19

Fix

@MauriceC I always get that response on the few ocasions I do a connectivity check (TG582N router), but I'm always connected.Huh

John