Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Connect to Internet

Parry88
Dabbler

Re: Cannot Connect to Internet

Hi Adam
Thanks for getting in touch
I will do this when I get home but I have done the Factory reset a few times over the last few days to be honest so I wouldn't think its that but if the faults team have looked at it since then it might make a difference.
I will do this after around 5.30pm tonight as this is when i finish work
Thanks
Parry88
Dabbler

Hi Adam
i have just had a reply from plusnet with them saying I have looked into your fault. However since there is an order in place for the fiber product. We are unable to progress your fault further.
Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net or by phone on 0800 432 0200 if we can be of further assistance.
this is not acceptable as I did call up on Saturday when the connection went off and they guy on the phone said I did have an order in place for fibre on 08/11/12 but i said why as this was installed last month by two engineers and has been running perfectly fine for just over a month with great speeds.
This answer does not help me one bit and I really would like to get this sorted asap as my patience it running thin
Thanks
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@Parry88
Sorry to hear that, whereas it is true that an open order will prevent us from raising a fault it very much sounds like a mistake to me so I'm sorry about that! it was a head-in-hands moment when I saw that so feedback will be passed on now.
I'm going to see if the previous agent (initials MB) can pick this up again.
EDIT: It looks like a case of this could have been worded a lot better rather than a mistake.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I've just gone and investigated this with the provisioning team, and I'm afraid it doesn't make for happy reading. Basically:
The fibre order was placed when you opened your account, and as you know the engineer attended on the 25th Sept as booked and installed the service.
For some reason, he didn't mark the order as completed - instead it was marked as failed.
This then led to a second appointment being booked which you weren't aware of, hence the confusing call you received a while ago from an engineer wondering about access to your premises.
Unfortunately though you advised your broadband was working, this engineer did not close the order either. This then led to the order being cancelled, which is why your service has stopped working.
As you've been told, there's an order on the line at present. This is an order for ADSL2+ broadband and is due to complete on Monday.
So that's how things are at present. There are a couple of courses of action we could take from here.
1) Wait for the ADSL2+ order to complete, then place a modify order to upgrade that back to fibre. This would be our recommended action, even though you'd end up with slower broadband until the modify completed. If you do opt for this please let us know if you need an ADSL2+ router as the fibre one won't work with it.
2) Cancel the existing ADSL2+ order then place a new one for fibre. We wouldn't recommend doing this as you'll be without broadband until the fibre order completes, and we wouldn't save much time on the completion of the fibre order anyway.
I'm really sorry this has turned into such a mess. We'll make sure it's fed back, but please let us know how you'd like to proceed from here.
Parry88
Dabbler

Hi Matt
Sorry I didn't reply to you yesterday as I haven't got internet to at the moment.
I would just like to say thank you for your help and feedback on this matter.
I want to get this resolved as quickly as possible as I am currently paying for a service I am still not receiving and that your telling me that an order has been placed for ADSL+2 broadband even though I have FIBRE and have been paying for FIBRE for 2 months. This means that my internet has been off since last Saturday then order that has been placed will be complete by next Monday which is 9 days without Broadband, then as I have a technicolor FIBRE router I will need to get an ADSL+2 router from yourselves, then I will need to upgrade the service back to my original FIBRE broadband all in all seems a lot of hassle on my part as well as yours as all the kit for my FIBRE has been installed at my house.
All this now being said and done I would like you to look into resolving this issue in the best possible way as I will refuse to pay for my service in which I haven't been receiving over the last week and possibly more due to the fact it was a huge mistake by plusnet I hope to receive compensation or a reimbursement from yourselves.
If this matter cannot be resolved reluctantly I will be left with no alternative to contact the likes of watchdog or ofcom.
I look forward to hearing from you
Thanks again 
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi,
I've chased this up and can see that the ADSL2+ order has been cancelled after you spoke with my colleague last night. This wasn't going to be the recommended route but it's the route we are now on.
We have placed an order for the Fibre product and are hoping to be able to get this complete within ASAP but we are awaiting a response from our suppliers to confirm the date. It may be that our supplier insists that a engineer visit is required, we will try and avoid this but if this is the case is there any days in-particular that are not suitable for you.
In regards to your service charges, I will certainly look at this and make sure you will have paid only for services that you have received. I will look to rectify this once you're services are up and running as this is my main priority at the moment.
Once we have an update we'll update your ticket and this post.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Parry88
Dabbler

Hello Chris
Right ok so once again no confirmation from me in regards to what route is best to take even though it was recommended to not do what has been done but never the less if it can be sorted asap that is fine.
Well if it comes to another engineer visit then I am not available Wednesday or Thursday. Any Days afternoon of Monday, Tuesday or Friday is ok but I hope it doesn't come to this as my internet will be delayed longer. 
I hope this can be resolved quickly and thanks for your response
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

This has been chased up and we're still waiting for a response on completion date and if they are requiring to send a fibre engineer out (we're trying to avoid this) We haven't had a response yet and it look's like the appointment/order completion will get confirmed on Monday morning. We have asked for Monday afternoon as the first one, we'll update you as soon as we have confirmation. 
Your ticket has also been updated in detail.
Sorry for the delay.
Chris
jtm151
Dabbler

Fingers crossed for Monday for both of us!
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,
Everything is now to complete on Wednesday, your ticket has been updated that explains everything.
If you've got any questions then please let me know.
Parry88
Dabbler

Hi Chris
Yes I have seen this now, the engineer is going to check my connection without having to go to my property which is great.
Thanks for the help and feedback and I hope this will be sorted tomorrow.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Likewise, hope it all gets sorted out Smiley Please keep us posted.
Parry88
Dabbler

Hello
Just to inform you that a BT engineer has been out today regarding my broadband problems
My Ticket stated this below am i correct:
Dear Mr Parry,
Your next invoice date in on 10/11/2012 and you will see a discount on that bill for £19.99.
I've just been on the phone to our suppliers and I've managed to get them to complete the test work without going to your property. They will be going out on Wednesday afternoon to ensure the physical routing at your cabinet is fine and that's when we expect your fibre service to be back up and running.
I'll check back again then to make sure everything has worked as planned.
Kind regards,
[mremoved]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As you can see the statement I have shown in bold states the engineer could complete this work without having to go to my property yes. Well this was not true as the engineer phoned me this morning and said he is running tests on the cabinet for my broadband but also needs access to my property to test my line and run the usual checks.
I therefore had to get permission from my manager to leave work and return home which took around 2 hours then return back to work again all in all is a 30mile trip.
I will be writing to plusnet in regards to this matter as well as the problems I have had including communication issues  with Plusnet and BT.
I know you guys have responded to every message quickly and explained what is going on, but the problems have still occurred and for this happen has took it too far.
Regards
Rhys Parry
dick:csa
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry you had t be be present for the engineer, when we were chasing to get your order completed we obviously tried on the basis that there was no engineer needed and our suppliers stated that this would be the case. I'll feed this back as we were under the impression they had checked to make sure this was OK.
I'm glad to see that you have your fibre service now up and running.
Parry88
Dabbler

hi Chris
Its not the fact that I had to be present for the engineer it was the fact that I was not told I had to be there for this and therefore I then had to take time away from work as well as travel 30miles for something I was not told about.
My Fibre was running fine after the engineer had been but I won't be able to check it again until I return home tonight around 6pm, so lets hope all is ok.
Thanks