Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you turn on Interleaving Please

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Can you turn on Interleaving Please

I can sort that out for you, do  you want to pay for it upfront of go for the deferred option? (i.e pay if you leave within 12 months).
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Alex2x
Grafter

I'll take the ddffered option please
Alex2x
Grafter

Is there any update on this please. The option I would take is the one where you pay a small payment then you pay the balance if you leave within 12 months.
Thank you.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

The drops you are seeing, are they associated with using the telephone? (I have a long running issue with sync dropping when there is an incoming call)
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Alex2x
Grafter

No don't think so
Alex2x
Grafter

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
I can sort that out for you, do  you want to pay for it upfront of go for the deferred option? (i.e pay if you leave within 12 months).

Can you order the deferred option please.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I think you will need to ring up (or they will have to ring you) as they will need to take credit/debit card details to take payment for the postage and packing.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Alex2x
Grafter

I am waiting for a reply from Adam thank you.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

As discussed, let me know how you get on with your connection over the next few days.
Alex2x
Grafter

Just a quick update, things seem to be going quite good so far as off yet, since my line started the 10 day training process I have not been disconnected yet. (Hope I haven't just jinxed it) but its looking good. here's my router stats.
Alex2x
Grafter

My Noise Margin has dropped again down to 3.4 I am still on the 10 day training period. I disconnected yesterday although I was told this is normal on a training period, but what concerns me is the noise margin. Maybe I should order the new Router from PlusNet. Can you give me the Number for the department  please.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

The CRC error counts look high for 20 hours connection time.
Are you in the master socket?
Can you hear noise on the line?
Disconnections as seen on the radius log are not too concerning, several disconnections a day would be a different matter.  Indeed I have seen  multiple connections / disconnections an hour, lasting many hours until bouncing the modem.  Setting aside the CRC errors, I'd be content if I had your stats on my 50dB attenuation line.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Alex2x
Grafter

Hi and yes. I am connected to the master socket, and have a new faceplate installed. The line doesn't sound to bad as in noise. Its hard to tell via a cordless phone. So I guess you are saying because off the distance I stay from the Exchange I should expect this level off performance. Just a question, why would my Noise margin drop from 6.4 to 3.2. ok If I had dropped and reconnected at 6.4. I wouldn't be to bothered but this seems to be happening all the time. Remember I am back on the 10 day training period also. So maybe I should expect this. I am a little suspisious about the modem stats because my  CRC error differed from what PlusNet were getting so I think I'm going to order a new Router. I also have a Netgear DG834N which used to be good with my old ISP, but is worse than the BT Home hub 2 now so I think there both knackered.
Cheers.
Alex2x
Grafter

Plugged in my new Plusnet Technicolour Router, and guess what.. my SN Noise margin has started to climb from 3.4 back up, its at  5.2 and still climbing so hopefully my problem is now solved, due to  2 crappy faulty routers.
Will let you know in a couple off days now off what is  happening.
Cheers.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Good to hear, let us know how it is after a few days.