cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get through to customer service. Have been trying 4-5 times a day for the past week.

matthewjackson8

Can't get through to customer service. Have been trying 4-5 times a day for the past week.

Hi Plusnet,

I need to cancel my service as I am moving property where a decent internet is already up and running. I need to cancel my service but have been unable to get in contact with anyone at Plusnet for over a week. I'm trying to call in the morning, lunch time, late lunch and evening but never get put through. The automated "sorry we are too busy and can't take your call" is what I'm usually greeted with.

I would like to know if there is a cancellation fee for leaving. I completed my first 12 month contract, and then I believe for the second year it just continued. End of the year is March 18th 2021 technically, but I don't know whether I entered into another 12 months or it's just a monthly roll over.

Is there someone who can speak to me about this please?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

Re: Can't get through to customer service. Have been trying 4-5 times a day for the past week.

I'm not PlusNet staff but If it helps, unless you explicitly negotiated a new contract when your original one ended, then you will have rolled over onto a monthly contract.

If you did negotiate a new contract then it should show your end date when you login to the member centre. You will also have received an email confirming any new contract. Should either of those not reveal the details then you can also check for any tickets/questions on your account around when your original contract expired. When logged into the member centre go to https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=search and select view closed questions.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

matthewjackson8

Re: Can't get through to customer service. Have been trying 4-5 times a day for the past week.

Hey mate, yeah as you say, I didn't negotiate anything. It just kept going after I completed the first 12 months. I didn't receive any emails notifying me of a new contract. All that changed is that my 12 month £18.99 deal went up to £31. I was lazy to not cancel at that point, but I'm out of the flat now.

agedgopher
All Star
Fixes: 15

Phone in on 0800 013 2632 that is the Customer Option number. I had to use it recently and got through first time after a delay of only 15 minutes. I was told that the number is used less than the Customer Service number.

Good Luck.