cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't contact customer service

Monkmonk

Can't contact customer service

I am currently experiencing a number of technical issues with my Plusnet service. The speed is incredibly slow, consistently, and I have frequent drop-outs of the service. It's never been good but there's been a consistent decline in quality of service. I switched a few months ago because Plusnet offered a higher speed capped bundle at a lower cost, but doesn't even seem able to match the speed of the previous provider on the same line, let alone meet the guaranteed speed, barely a tenth of it.

I'm aware that I'll never get the maximum speeds, but I know that this line is capable of far more than I'm currently getting, because I was getting it before! I'm fairly convinced there is a physical issue that has developed with my line, especially as the deterioration has strongly correlated with poor weather.

However, when I've tried to contact Plusnet about this, I've got nowhere.

I tried to contact customer services via telephone - not available.

Then I tried to use chat through Plusnet website - currently offline.

The remaining options offered were to use Twitter (which I don't have, and which is frankly a very unprofessional solution) or to use this forum, which given that my issue is technical is unlikely to be of much use. I don't need advice, I need an engineer.

This seems like an unacceptably low level of customer service.

5 REPLIES 5
blake48
Hooked

Re: Can't contact customer service

We're also suffering with slow speeds and frequent drop outs, and as you say no phone or chat support available.  Can someone from Plusnet please advise what the problem is as although you are report no known issues with broadband clearly us customers are saying different!

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@blake48 

Piggy-backing on other people's topics as you have done here (on ADSL) and here https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Internet-Connection-amp-WiFi-Issues/m-p/1750065#M11398... (on FTTC) helps no one - especially you.  Please raise a topic for your problem on the appropriate board so that you can obtain the assistance you need.  Posting in two places is against the forum rules, whilst posting on other people's topics simply creates confusion.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@Monkmonk 

A warm welcome to the forums.

What self help steps have you performed to profile the issue?

Broadband is not going to work well if the "phone" line is not working properly.

Please perform a quiet line test - dial 17070 select option 2 using a corded phone plugged into the test socket behind the face plate of the master socket. It should be silent. A noisy phone line (or no dial tone) will have a marked adverse impact on the performance of broadband.

If the line is noisy or there is no dial tone, then a PHONE LINE fault needs to be raised with your phone provider. If this is PlusNet, you can report a fault on line using the button below.  From the Q&A list, choose the one which matches the problem, 'open' the 'section' and click the trouble-shooter link.  NB: If you receive a failure message (rather than a log-in prompt) then log-in to the user portal in a different browser tab and attempt to use the trouble-shooter again.

What are the expectations for your line?

Please use the following links to check the services available and their estimated speeds. From the first link, please record and report back the distance from the exchange. The second link advises of which fibre services (if any) are available on your line and their anticipated speed.

How is your line performing?

Please post your router stats; for PN TG582n and 2704n routers use the buttons below, for other routers look at the Kitz link.

Also run a BT Wholesale speed test (ideally using an Ethernet wired PC with the WiFi turned off) then run the further diagnostics and post the results here. DO NOT REBOOT the router!

NB: Please use an Edge browser or IE as there have been many reports that others fail to function correctly when accessing the BTw speed test.

Also look at the ADSL issues link below.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

blake48
Hooked

The tone of your comments to me is so rude and unwelcoming for a community forum.  People come on here frustrated because they have problems, and to see Plusnet denying there are any issues when clearly many are having the same issue just adds to that frustration.  If everyone posted on the same thread it would show Plusnet and everyone exactly how many of us are having the same problems, and maybe then they would actually realise something needs to be done to help everyone.  Individual threads just dilutes things and means more posts than necessary on the board meaning more for visitors to have to wade through when they visit, instead of finding a common theme thread to the problem they are looking for help with.  If what you are saying is really an official take of how Plusnet forums are meant to operate then it's just another example of how bad their support is. No phone support, no online chat support, and a poor quality unfriendly forum.  No wonder I am hearing so many complaining about Plusnet these days and moving to other providers, seems the days of Plusnet being a good provider are becoming a distant memory.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Please discuss with the moderators.  There are forum rules covering your posting practice.  Following the rules is what makes the forum friendly.