cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can`t connect to internet via broadband

johnnyt20

Can`t connect to internet via broadband

Since going onto Plusnet over a week ago, I still can`t connect to broadband.

I have a wi-fi connection, but when I try broadband, (the connection option shows as PPPoE .) it always fails.

I have entered my user name and password when requested, which I believe are the same for logging onto the Plusnet site.

When trying to connect, the message "connecting through WAN miniport" is displayed, but it invariably fails.

The router and phone line both seem to be working without any problems.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Can`t connect to internet via broadband

When entering your user name  in router settings it should be in the format "username@plusdsl.net "

if nothing still works I recommend calling tech support to check your account isn't act

activated. 

All the the above should happen automatically without the need for a user to manual input thier Username and password 

user name . 

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Are you using the router supplied by PlusNet? The white one, which will be a Hub One.

You shouldn't need to mess around with usernames and passwords now - not on the PlusNet router.

Essentially you just leave it connected for 10 or so minutes, and it will do it itself.

As @runhare said, if you're still having problems it could point to an issue with your account and I would call CS.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

This is posted on the standard broadband forum, not the fibre one, Which do you have? If it’s standard broadband then you have to use PPPoA, PPPoE is for fibre connections.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

johnnyt20

Thanks for the replies.The connection PPoE was for a dial up connection, as previously mentioned. I`m now connected and up and running! Thanks again..

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Glad your issue is now sorted! If you need any further assistance please let us know.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team