Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Use Phone and Internet at the Same Time

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Can't Use Phone and Internet at the Same Time

Hi Jeri,

Sorry for the issues you've had. I can see an engineer has been arranged, let us know how the visit goes.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
JulietHotel
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Hi All

A very nice engineer came out at 1233 today. He did some testing and reset my profile, then did some further testing. The reset resulted in us going from 1.1 mb/s downstream to 17, a HUGE improvement. He said that it was likely that the line engineer fixing the battery fault had resulted in the profile needing to be reset, which was what was causing the loss of broadband speed.

So far, so good.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Best wishes

Jeri

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

That final visit was a waste of the engineer's time really - Plusnet can remotely reset the DLM profile.

JulietHotel
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Thanks, ejs, and another thought is that a DLM reset might be considered as an appropriate action whenever a line fault is fixed, but in conversation with the engineer it appears that each engineer can have a different skill set and so all of them may not be in a position to carry out the same actions. I agree that someone could do it remotely though as a matter of course. Looking at the information the engineer who came today had there is also something that says communications could be tighter. The information our engineer had was pretty much "X address. X customer name. Fix their broadband.". I certainly don't wish to be churlish though and am very grateful that the issue appears to be resolved.

Best wishes

Jeri

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Do you at least have a modern master socket that contains a test socket now?