cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can support add additional ports to broadband firewall profile?

techguy
Grafter

Can support add additional ports to broadband firewall profile?

Hi
Firstly, I have to say, what an excellent service idea, with my current setup (netgear firewall and zonealarm) once I get on PN I'll be triple firewalled!
Just out of interest really, I see the setting are simplistic so that novice users don't get overwhelmed but can support add additional ports to a profile if required?
4 REPLIES 4
zubel
Community Veteran

Re: Can support add additional ports to broadband firewall profile?

Unfortunately not as they're controlled via "service offerings" on the Ellacoya boxes.
If a port is added for one offering, then it will affect all users on that particular profile.
If there is a particular port that you require, I would suggest turning the firewall down to the highest setting that doesn't block the particular port, then relying upon your router and software firewall to block additional ports.
B.
techguy
Grafter

Thanks for the reply Barry.
Cracking service though, part of what persuaded me to switch to Plusnet. apart from the price and what look to be first class peering connections to Cogent, Telia and LINX (I already benefit from these as I found out via a tracert that my current ISP use PN as their transit provider but unfortunately their links to PN seem to get clogged at evenings and weekends) so when I saw I could save money as well that was the clincher.
zubel
Community Veteran

Yup, one of my favourite linky links is:

It's fairly up to date Smiley
B.
techguy
Grafter

Now that's what I call networking geek pr0n!!!