cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not open Broadband fault ticket

coldfox
Dabbler

Can not open Broadband fault ticket

I seem to be having a problem with trying to open a broadband fault ticket. I have closed the previous one which has been solved. But can not create a new one to get my line reset for some reason.

Broadband Troubleshooter Unavailable
There is currently a fault open in our systems for your line. This may be as a result of an old fault, or a system error.
A problem has been raised, and will be investigated by our developers. In the meantime, if you're still having problems with your broadband please give us a call.
i keep seeing this every time even when i click on my problem is fixed. And when i return to my account there is no broadband fault ticket up.
7 REPLIES 7
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Can not open Broadband fault ticket

It looks as though you closed your previous Fault Ticket? It was only closed yesterday. What sort of issues are you having with your connection?
coldfox
Dabbler

I want to have my line reset because when my bt openreach modem died which i did not know till Sunday. I did a couple of resets and factory reset on both the router and the modem. Which has caused dlm and interleaving to be turned on. Now my ping has gone up to the 30ish and my speed cut by half.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've had to raise a separate ticket as your previous one has closed when the fault is still open with our suppliers, which cause a few issues.
Ticket: 85936511. I'll pop you a message on it within the next 5 minutes.
coldfox
Dabbler

I don't understand why a engineer need to come to my house
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The engineer isn't going to do a DLM Reset on it's own. Our testing has identified an issue on your lien which we'd like to get sorted out. In order to get this sorted out for you, an engineer will require access to your property.
Engineers will not complete a DLM Reset unless they make physical changes on the BT Network.
coldfox
Dabbler

The problem lies with the bt openreach modem die so now i use the asus dsl n66u
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

An Openreach Engineer will not complete a DLM Reset on a line unless a physical change is made to the network due to a fault.
With regards to the speed, DLM will bring your speeds back up, if it was a case of a few disconnections that have caused the slowdowns.