cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone explain what this message means?

Ephemeral
Dabbler

Can anyone explain what this message means?

I'm expecting an engineer to come around today and I just got an email with a less than helpful message.
"We would like to inform you that your Help Assistant Question [ 43986908 ] has now been returned to the BOT - DSL Logged Faults ADSL2 - Interm pool. A member of our Support
Team will investigate your issue as soon as possible."
What does this mean? Am I still waiting for this BT Engineer or not?
*confused*
4 REPLIES 4
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Can anyone explain what this message means?

That's essentially an internal message. BOT is Plusnet's Broadband Operations Team, and DSL Logged Faults ADSL2+ is the group that handle your type of fault. My guess is your fault ticket was on hold until the day of the engineer visit, and was released back to the team so they will be watching for the engineer's report.
Based on what you've posted I would expect you to have an engineer visit today.
David
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Spraxyt has hit the nail on the head, the ticket is put on hold once the engineer appointment is booked and then released from hold the day of the appointment. This is to stop multiple faults agents having to read the ticket when it's just waiting for an appointment.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks, spraxyt - that's exactly it.
@ephemeral - yes, in fact the engineer should have been already? Please let us know if not. We put the tickets on hold until the date of the engineer visit so our agents know they don't need to keep updating the ticket, however if you need to comment on it to add any more info or ask a question that's perfectly possible whilst the ticket is on hold.
ETA: ah well at least some of the above is still relevant...
Hope the engineer's visit has sorted things for you,
Ephemeral
Dabbler

I'm rather dissapointed to say that no engineer has appeared. Been at home all morning from 8am to 1pm and no engineer. Well, this was a waste of a day off work.  Sad