cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can any one help me?

Jessica
Grafter

Can any one help me?

I've recently posted this question on the adslguide forums and I was advised to post it here (I didn't know I was allowed until I was officially with PlusNet).
Anyway..
I signed up with Plusnet a few days ago. Since then my ‘Order Tracker’ has been stuck on ‘Checking your details’. I’ve contacted Plusnet by phone and I was told that everything was OK and that my order would go through on time. I did ask for my tracker to be updated and corrected, but this hasn’t been done.
What should I do?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/JessicaHart/OrderTrackerProblem.jpg
Cheers…
14 REPLIES 14
notheruser
Grafter

Re: Can any one help me?

Jessica - Welcome to the forums! I'm sure if PlusNet staff have told you everything is fine, then they're right. I've seen this before, and right up till the last moment it didn't change, but everything went through fine. When are you expecting to be connected?
Jessica
Grafter

I was told I would be connected on the 16th.  But then I noticed that my Order Tracker was stuck.  Perhaps they have forgotten about me or perhaps they just don't want me..
notheruser
Grafter

Jessica - i'm sure they want you  Smiley (You havn't said anything to offend anyone have you  ShockedCheesy
16th is Saturday - I'd leave it to Friday and give PlusNet a ring, asking them to confirm you will be connected next day. do you have your router etc. already? If so, connect it up - I've seen quite a few people getting connected a day or more ahead of schedule.
As a matter of interest, I take it the line you are getting connected has never been used for broadband before? (I.e. this is a new connection, not a transfer from another ISP)/
Jessica
Grafter

At the moment I have broadband with Pipex (don't laugh, it's not funny).  I've made a note of all the new settings I'll need for my router.  I just hope I get it right.
Thanks...
notheruser
Grafter

Quote from: Jessica
At the moment I have broadband with Pipex

Ah, this may be the reason for the "Sorry we have found a problem.." message. Did you get a MAC code from Pipex? The unchanged staus of your Order Tracker may well just be that PlusNet are waiting for info from Pipex - no doubt someone from PlusNet will stray this way and put me right!
(What's wrong with Pipex? According to their site "We're No 1 for both 'Quality of Connection' and 'Ease of use'."  Grin )
Jessica
Grafter

I gave PlusNet my MAC code the day I received it from Pipex.
As for Pipex being No 1 for both 'Quality of Connection' and 'Ease of use'.  This is probably correct, but they don't mention slow speeds and waiting 47 minutes on the customer support line listening to "your call is important to us" when you need help.  Also, their accounts department staff come from Mars.
Thanks
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've just had a look from here and given your order tracker a nudge, the automated system didn't place the order correctly so one of my colleagues placed this manually a few days ago and it's due to activate on the 14th. Welcome to PN Wink
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

We don't mind but do you really want to disclose your full name?
Jessica
Grafter

It isn't my full name!  I might be slow, but I'm not that silly.  I left my middle name Ann out..
pierre_pierre
Grafter

OK JAH!
James
Grafter

Hi Jessica,
Welcome to PlusNet Smiley
I've seen a few similar instances recently of the problem that you have reported so I'm going to have a dig around and see if I can find anything out!
Give us a shout if you have any further queries.
Jessica
Grafter

Thanks to you all for the help and assistance.  I’m Looking forward to being a Plusnet member.
Cheers,
Jessica
greyposter
Grafter

Good luck Jessica.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

if you want to post a picture to the forum, its not obvious, but put the picture somewhere on your machine, then at the bottom of the input screen is + Additional Options, at the bottom when you expand it is Attach, use this to locate your picture, then send the post, it Appears in the post with a not traceable source