cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I have Interleaving turned off

Steek
Grafter

Can I have Interleaving turned off

Interleaving has been applied to my FTTC connection because I rebooted the modem. I want it turned off as I'm a gamer. It was at a stable 18ms before but now over 40ms with my connection now being stable for 15 days.
Any help appreciated  Smiley
9 REPLIES 9
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Can I have Interleaving turned off

Unfortunately we don't have that level of control on an FTTC line, we have to rely on the DLM to sort this out.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Just a thought, if the neighbours had their .... sky box on at the time you rebooted that could be the cause, We know how much  .... it kicks out.
You could try rebooting the modem in the morning when they don't have the sky on and see if that cures the problem first and in view of Chris's reply you'll have to. If that doesn't work, raise a fault.
Steek
Grafter

Been advised to request for a profile reset as there is still no change and my line has been stable for weeks now.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
We can change the connection profile set on our side of things but not on your line directly I'm afraid, if it's running more slowly than it should the only way to get any sort of reset is to raise a fault (http://faults.plus.net). Having said that your profile on BTs side is set to 38714kbps on the BT side of things and at 38600 on our side so it's all looking good for the moment, please let us know if that's not what you're seeing.
Anotherone
Champion

He's referring to BT's Line profile not IP profile.
The problem is ping times. You don't pay whatever a month for fibre and expect to end up with a worse ping than ADSL2+  Wink
Looks like raise a fault then if it's still bad.
Anotherone
Champion

Well its seems he's actually got a fault ticket open and it must be being dealt with by agents that haven't much of a clue about Fibre. How can anyone suggest that having had a ping of 18mS for weeks and it then going to 27-30+ that there isn't a fault I don't know.
What I do know is that I'd expect, as others have indicated, at least 10mS shaved off the ADSL2+ ping times, and that seems like it was the case at the outset. Now if Plusnet are now suggesting that isn't the case, then the only conclusion I can come to is that Fibre is being mis-sold.
I also note that Plusnet didn't respond further to this thread.
Chris
Legend

I also note that Plusnet didn't respond further to this thread.

What was there to reply to following Matt's response?

A ping of 27-30 is not a fault, having the expectation that it'll be handled as a fault isn't right. I'm on Fibre and my ping is 40ms and that causes 0 problems when gaming, streaming or doing anything else.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Anotherone
Champion

What was your ping on ADSL Chris?
Chris
Legend

In this house, couldn't tell you. Didn't have ADSL or ADSL2+ here prior to Fibre, but in my last house it was around 35ms.