cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get an update on my ticket (broadband out for two days now since 15th Dec)

paulh
Rising Star

Can I get an update on my ticket (broadband out for two days now since 15th Dec)

ticket # is 209413650

My broadband service has been out of commission now since 15th Dec

I found out from an Openreach engineer that  the cabinet serving my (and 100s of other) premises has been smashed by a vehicle. 

It's literally 150m from me, so I wandered out to have a look this morning, and the cabinet is just covered in plastic sheet & there's no engineers in sight.

Can someone from PN networks *please* have a look and see what's going on?

I'm trying to run on a 4G hotspot but it's dialup-slow during the daytime & it's eating my data allowance, plus I'm still having to pay for PN broadband when I'm not receiving service.

Help!

4 REPLIES 4
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: Can I get an update on my ticket (broadband out for two days now since 15th Dec)

@paulh  I don't think Plusnet will be able to help you very much, it will be totally down to Openreach to get the cabinet repaired and they probably don't know when it will be done. Broadband is not guaranteed and Plusnet will probably give a small refund for loss of service after it is all fixed but you do have some backup on 4G.

paulh
Rising Star

Re: Can I get an update on my ticket (broadband out for two days now since 15th Dec)

I was looking for a reply from plusnet

paulh
Rising Star

I've got a reply on my ticket.

It pastes literally exactly the same reply as the first reply I got, but to add further excellence looks like this:

"[redacted]- CSC Analyst
4:35pm, Thursday 17 Dec 2020"

"The current lead time for this to be fixed is 16/12/2020 23:59:59. "

That is to say, it literally tells me that the fix time is yesterday.

This is really poor support.

The very least you could have done is actually contact openreach and see what the state of play is.

Not even bothering to check the dates before pasting? Insulting

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@paulh That level of 'service' from Plusnet is exactly what you will have to learn to live with, I'm afraid. They no longer care about their customers.

John