cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can ANYONE help??!

alexbirkett18
Hooked

Can ANYONE help??!

Been without broadband for over a week . When I try and connect all pages are redirected to http://62.6.38.125/index.html. See attached.

No one at Plusnet seems to have a clue what the issue is. I have rang/chat/emailed daily. Ive found people with same issue here:

https://community.plus.net/t5/Broadband/Internet-Pages-Redirecting-to-http-62-6-38-125-index-html/td...

https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/All-pages-redirecting-to-62-6-38-125-index-html-BT-Who...

But not solution?

Login details are correct. Line has been tested by Plusnet and an engineer already, no fault found - suggested a new router. Have a brand new router, same problem. Can't cancel without incurring £130 charge. Also, was told when I renewed in April 2017 that we would be upgraded to fibre but when engineer came to test line we have not got fibre! (despite paying for it for 8 months!!).

Any help/suggestions would be very appreciated 🙂 

11 REPLIES 11
Mav
Fixes: 514

Re: Can ANYONE help??!

Moderator's note:

I have removed a post from one of the other threads because cross-posting is not allowed as per Forum rules.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Are you still on ADSL or have they attempted to put you on fibre? The sync speed shown by your router should tell you if that has happened.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

It might be buried in the links but I'm sure I've read in the past that this can be caused if Openreach accidentally cross connect the lines from two subscribers in one of the cabinets.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Good point.

@alexbirkett18

Is the phone working correctly with you able to make outgoing and receive incoming calls?

If you dial 17070 does it read back the correct number to you?

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
alexbirkett18
Hooked

Thanks for response. Yes - definitely on ADSL. Engineer tested the line and verified this to me on Saturday.

alexbirkett18
Hooked

Yes - phone working perfectly. Am able to make and receive calls without issue.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

This could be related to a screwed up attempt last April to upgrade the OP to fibre. I guess if the fault is investigated by enough OR technicians that one competent enough to resolve the problem will be allocated the job sooner or later.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

alexbirkett18
Hooked

Yes @Baldrick1 , am beginning to suspect it is related to a failed upgrade attempt. Spoke to someone else at Plusnet this morning and he admitted that they have no clue what the issue is 😞

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Welcome to the community forums @alexbirkett18

What's the modulation advise on the Helpdesk tab when you login to your router settings at http://192.168.1.254?

That should tell you definitively if your router is synchronising to fibre or ADSL.

In addition, if it's a crossed line problem as mentioned above, it might not affect the phone service especially if it's something called crossed jumpering.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
alexbirkett18
Hooked

Under modulation I have this: G.992.5 Annex A

Two engineers have now visited, confirmed I'm on DSL, have not fixed the problem or had a clue what's causing it!. Not sure it's a crossed line as I mentioned that to the last engineer, he checked cabinet etc. And didn't seem to think that was issue.

Third engineer is due to visit tomorrow...
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Cheers for that. The modulation there tells us you're definitely still on ADSL and testing your line is also indicating that as well. I can see we're getting this rectified by modifying your service to fibre which is due to happen on the 2nd.

In the meantime, it looks like the latest engineer visit fixed the problem as we can see you should be back online:

I can see we've also provided a refund which you should receive shortly.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet