cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHAP authentication failed

iliascharter

CHAP authentication failed

Hi, I have recently I switched to plusnet, and have since bee unable to connect. Every time I try to connect it comes up with a CHAP authentication error.
I have a read that this could be down to an incorrect password and username but i'm sure they are correct. All the lights on my router show up as green so i'm unsure what the problem could be.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. My plusnet username is iliascharter.
Thanks
Rob
4 REPLIES 4
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: CHAP authentication failed

Connection settings -> connection details under the portal shows what login to use for the router (the one above authentication method with the @ sign in it)  - it's not just your username if that was what you were using. The password is your normal portal password.
iliascharter

Quote from: Peter
Connection settings -> connection details under the portal shows what login to use for the router (the one above authentication method with the @ sign in it)  - it's not just your username if that was what you were using. The password is your normal portal password.

Thanks for the recommendation peter.
I have checked it and i believe i'm using the correct username. it has plusdsl.net at the end
Vip3r
Grafter

I have been with plusnet for over a year, and the other week I had a Chap authentication problem - I hadn’t change the settings in my router, and the password to the portal worked.
Called support, confirmed that the password in the system was the same as the password in the router, but it still didn’t work, Support changed the password, then changed it back and it worked. So it might be worth logging in to the portal and changing your password (and then back again if you want) and see if that helps.
As you say that you recently switched to plusnet, has your account actually gone live? Could be that you are still connected to your old ISP.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi iliascharter,
Can you confirm your telephone number to me by personal message?
Jojo Smiley