Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bullguard Internet Security

FIXED
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bullguard Internet Security

If anyone is using Bullguard Internet Security there is problem with the PC Tune Up mode the green tick has disappeared since a windows update.

I have been on the live online chat to them and its a known problem and users need to down Bullguard again its very easy only need to restart my laptop no passwords required

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bullguard Internet Security

Fix
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Are you talking about the green tick when you click on the bullguard icon and look at the little window showing antivirus, firewall etc. in little boxes?

I think my bullguard was updated to a newer version a few days ago, possibly for the reason you explain.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi that's correct its the middle one of the bottom three PC Tune Up there should be a green tick its next to the new Game Booster but that is only active if your desktop/laptop has a processor with at least 4CPUs so that box may not have a green tick.

When I reinstalled Bullguard the green tick reappeared and did a tune up and everything worked OK

Jonpe
Hero

I don't check this very often although I do make sure the antivirus has updated before I do banking etc.  Although it's set to update every two hours, it doesn't when the laptop isn't plugged in, unless I instruct it to do so.  I've never seen any of those boxes without a green tick; I usually get the "Your computer is fully protected" screen when I first click on the BG icon.

For about a month now I've been getting warnings that Bullguard has successfully neutralised a network attack.  This started just before it changed from version 17 to 18.  Presumably such attacks have been happening before so I was wondering whether something had ticked or unticked itself in order for these on-screen warnings to start.  Or it could just be Bullguard boasting about how good it is. Smiley

I've done a full virus scan (1hr 9 mins) and it reported that all was in order.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Although it's set to update every two hours, it doesn't when the laptop isn't plugged in, unless I instruct it to do so

I had the same problem with Kaspersky and it was down to this setting which I can understand when it refers to scans etc. but not when it blocks database updates

2017-12-19_113333.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi When you switch your laptop top on Bullguard will check straight away for updates if you hover over Update it will tell you when it last updated just checked mine it says        Last Update 5 minutes ago

Jonpe
Hero

No, mine doesn't update when I switch the computer on if I'm on battery power, but as soon as I need to plug it in, it updates straight away.  Placing the cursor over the word "Update" will, as you say, tell me how long it has been since the last one.  It's no problem, I can see the reason for it (conserve battery power), and I don't want to allow all other scheduled tasks to happen when I'm using batteries.

Any comments on the "network attack" warnings?