Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bt - Open Reach

sixtiesblue
Dabbler

Bt - Open Reach

20mb on Value Broadband - what a joke.
Where I live we have a chicken shack for an Exchange - a green box at the end of the road which is so full everytime Open Reach opens it someone is cut off. We live in a Third World - India has better communications than us.
I have been cut off 3 times recently and reconnected to some other phone number. Out of Reach do not care as they are answerable to no-one. I wrote a letter of complaint to the main manager at the exchange - I expect he wiped his arse with it as I had no reply.
Why when a few miles away fibre optic is available we are denied. There was a rumour we were to be included via the utilities - but that became a myth.
Bt own the lines and due to competition their answer was Open Reach to piss us off. Even my neighbour who pays extortionate Bt Broadband gets the same service  - so DO NOT believe Bt adverts - they are misleading.
The local joke is to watch your Broadband speed decrease as a bird sits on the telephone line - a sparrow has little effect but wait for the noisy seagulls for a real decrease.
When a wire comes loose in the local box their engineers just ignore it and wait for a complaint - they do not care. Try talking to most of them, they ignore you - the ignorant sods.
7 REPLIES 7
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Bt - Open Reach

Hi there,
I'm sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction with BT and with your service. Whilst you are well within your rights and means to complain directly to BT we can always pass your feedback on to our suppliers for you.
I understand fully that trying to get such services working to a good level in rural or remote areas can be frustrating at best. I think it may well be worth some investigation from our side too. Where as I'm unable to guarantee any improvements it's well worth us digging deeper into this in my opinion.
From what you've put I understand the main issue to be with broadband speeds but I can see that you've reported issues with the telephone service itself recently, is that itself still a problem?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: sixtiesblue
I expect he wiped his arse with it ....

I doubt that very much. With the profits BT make, I'm sure their managers are supplied with the very best quality bog roll.  Cheesy
I't a sad fact that monopolies tend to put profits before customers.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
zubel
Community Veteran

It's a fact of business that all businesses need to profit?
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: Barry
all businesses need to profit?

very true, just a matter of how much profit and how much easier it is to make with no real competition.
Customer service is another issue altogether...
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Some companies management clearly have a great difficulty in understanding the difference between profit and profiteering.
itsme
Grafter

BT made a lost two years ago and if the pension fund is taken into account they are probably been running at a lost for a few years.
sixtiesblue
Dabbler

Grin You are right - managers must get luxury toilet tissue - but just think he cut it on the paper edge - that would be the best result.
No my phone does work now - I get all the foreign spammers asking me if I want help with my computer - what computer I say, I do not own one - that is the best response, throws them and they swear at you.
Also I had a persistent Indian caller wanting to know who supplies my gas & electric - shouting at him does not work - quote the Data Description Act and the calls ends.
The best was a foreign woman telling me that Microsoft had informed them that I had a serious problem with my PC - I called her a worthless whore and she will burn in hell. That worked.
As regards BT I agree profiteering is the sole aim and they cannot earn worthwhile profit.
Who cares anyway - I have a crackling phone and snail pace Broadband - how lucky am I.