cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browsing really slow

NEDDERS12
Dabbler

Browsing really slow

My internet itself seems ok and after some speed tests and a few downloads im happy with my current down speed, its just that browsing can be really slow.
And since im here I may as well mention that my connection can drop out now and again. Any help would be much appreciated thanks
4 REPLIES 4
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: Browsing really slow

First thing I would do, is to run CCleaner, to clear out any old bits and pieces. you may have tons of cookies that your computer is trying to sort through each time you bring up a new page.
second thing, would be to check to see if your antivirus is running a scan at the same time as you are browsing. if it is, then this could possibly slow down the browsing.
after running CCleaner, you may find it a good thing to do a Registry Clean on the same program,. and then do a Defrag..
NEDDERS12
Dabbler

Its not just my computer its all of them and one detail that i forgot to mention was that I happened around the time they switched me to ADSL2+
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Ask them to remove you from ADSL2+ and see if things return to previous levels....  Wink
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Nedders,
Are you seeing similar speeds to when you were on ADSL1, or have things got faster or slower (not counting the disconnections)? I can see there are one or two on the line, do these still happen with the router in the master socket and all phones/faxes/sky boxes unplugged from the line?