cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browsing is Slow

zom414
Dabbler

Browsing is Slow

I've had my fibre for about 3 weeks now and the speeds have been great (73 Mbps).  However, browsing (latest Firefox) is slow with many sites taking over 10 seconds to appear.  I'm connected via cable but it's still the same over wireless if I use my laptop.  I re-installed Windows 8 a couple of days ago thinking that might help but it's still the same.  How can I have such great download speeds but browsing is poor? 
6 REPLIES 6
thomasjc1
Grafter

Re: Browsing is Slow

What's it like on chrome or Internet explorer
eeekie
Dabbler

Quote from: zom414
I've had my fibre for about 3 weeks now and the speeds have been great (73 Mbps).  However, browsing (latest Firefox) is slow with many sites taking over 10 seconds to appear.  I'm connected via cable but it's still the same over wireless if I use my laptop.  I re-installed Windows 8 a couple of days ago thinking that might help but it's still the same.  How can I have such great download speeds but browsing is poor? 

Traffic shaping policies giving speed test sites high priority maybe?
zom414
Dabbler

Quote from: thomasjc1
What's it like on chrome or Internet explorer

The same, getting rather annoying now too.  I had to convince my wife to get fibre and even she notices the browsing is slower now than before.  I'll give them a call and see if there's anything going on that shouldn't be.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

This is probably a silly suggestion  Lips_are_sealed
Are you on Essentials Fibre and have you set the extra spend to zero and have you exceeded your 40GB usage
zom414
Dabbler

Hi,
No, I'm on the unlimited fibre package.
jim:quote
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hiya zom414,

Given what's already been mentioned something is obviously just affecting browsing alone. That usually means a firewall issue, is there any particular security software you use that you could try and eliminate as a cause?
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team